How many flights/hours do you have?

Very few. P3P here. I live in WV. You cannot fly any drone in this state now and if you are caught it's a huge fine and jail. No parks, not around any public area. Fly anywhere in this state and caught, your done. DNR states that not only is it a felony you can rack on federal offenses.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
That's just not right.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very few. P3P here. I live in WV. You cannot fly any drone in this state now and if you are caught it's a huge fine and jail. No parks, not around any public area. Fly anywhere in this state and caught, your done. DNR states that not only is it a felony you can rack on federal offenses.

I live in WV and never heard anything about not being able to fly drones.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I thought it might be the TRF (if you can call it that since it isn't temporary) for Washington DC but that affects a small part of Virginia and Maryland.

Seriously? Can't fly anywhere the whole state?!?
That can't be correct.

Last edited:
I live in Fairbanks Alaska and surface E airspace follows the roads out of town for long distances, including 34 miles out the Steese Highway. I live rurally in a notch between two joined control areas and can fly without checking in up to one mile south, 1.3 miles west and 1.1 miles east with the hills to the north open. I have a P3P going back for NIT(no image transmission) with 5.45 hrs and 159,000 feet on the clock. Right now the area is blanketed with yet another foot of fresh snow and I can't get it on video.....

Sorry, I'm going thru NIT based withdrawal......*sniff*

Seriously? Can't fly anywhere the whole state?!?
That can't be correct.

I live and fly in WV and have searched for anything stating the whole state is a no fly zone.as far as I can tell the only restrictions is using drones for hunting and of course the typical no fly zones like state parks and airports

I live and fly in WV and have searched for anything stating the whole state is a no fly zone.as far as I can tell the only restrictions is using drones for hunting and of course the typical no fly zones like state parks and airports

State parks or national parks? Many states allow drones in their parks though may have certain rules.

A rep from Missouri State Parks requested I post as many aerial pics and vids as I was able n willing.... my concerns and insecurities gone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh forgot stats.. Flyer sonce Aug 2016.. 14 hrs 44 min total air time 62 miles total distance covered... level 19 on DJI Go. Homed in IL and MO USA. Hoping to get to TX and IA maybe FL this year. Loving every minute of it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, I record every minute of actual flight time as well as weather and location for my P3A and I have
logged 82 hours flight time.
I have had no incident at all and the bird does very well.
cheers, JV

40ish hours 700ish miles on P3P lvl 31 on GO App

will add one more stat: 6 cracked shell - 5 bottom 1 top :mad::rolleyes: - no crashes

New to Droning
1152 Hrs M/E
346 Hrs S/E
8.5 Hrs on my 107

1st flight Jan-11-17 to Feb-28-17
Active Flights: 83
Plan limit: 1200

Total Air Time: 6h 32m 01s
Total Log Time: 8h 49m 47s

Total Mileage (all flights)
10 Miles

Longest Flight Time: 14m 35s