How many flights do batteries normally last

Reaction score
I just got a p3s well like 2 weeks ago and I've flow it about 10 times I was wondering how long do the batteries last, like how many flights

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You should be able to get 200+ charges out of them if you care for them properly. Check out the Battery Safety Guidelines for more details on battery care.

Reactions: grin factor
Actually the 200 charges is a common misunderstanding ....

It has been watched to see how the 200 charges (cycles) tallies in the Go App ..... it actually does not always increment 1 cycle for each charge ... at times it increments 1 cycle for 2 or 3 charges ... depends on level of battery at start of charge.
Second that the battery reaches 200 cycles and Go App says battery is now zero and DJI advise to replace. It si ONLY Go App that says this !
Users who have Litchi App - are not similarly 'abused' !!

So answer to OP's question is like : How long is a piece of string .... it depends on how the battery is used.

If the battery is always flown to max time and discharge .... then life will be shorter. But a mixed flight use of short and long flights will be less traumatic on the battery.
Keeping batterys topped up and relying on a 10 day shelf term before self-discharge to storage is detrimental to battery life. Better to change to a 3 day shelf term and then discharge to avoid damage to the Internal Resistance values.

Sensible care / use ..... will give you reasonable use of the batterys.

Nigel

Yea, originally it was termed Cycles, not Charges.

So once the batts. capacity had been 'pushed' into it, be it in 1, 2, or more charge events, then it would increment the Cycle counter.

Actually, they count milliamp hours - 5000 (or whatever the capacity of the battery is) is 1 cycle.
I have batteries with 300 cycles on them, but I also have had some with less than a hundred cycles fail on one cell.

Battery technology tho has come leaps and bounds in the last few years can still be spotty. how aggressively you fly, how low those batteries get before charging, charging them hot, pulling massive amps, storage temperature, impact to batteries and the list goes on will all determine your batteries life. I say fly and enjoy, follow the rules in the book and I doubt you will have many issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4