How many drones do you have?

PhantomFanatic said:
gunslinger said:
dirkclod said:
He just has 1...... Him ;)

What up Dirk? I'm very unhappy to say that part I'm sending you is still riding shotgun in my car. I can't seem to get to the frickin' post office by 5:00PM as we've had nothing but brush fires at work in the past few weeks. I'm getting up early tomorrow and hopefully I'll finally lose the seat cover... :D

-slinger

I gather that you must be a fire fighter. A volunteer fire fighting unit, in the county where I used to live, had an abnormally large number of fires. All were dilapidated buildings. It turned out a volunteer fire fighter started the fires for the $5 he got paid per fire! I didn't know that got paid anything.

But, for five bucks? He must have had major financial problems.

Not a fire fighter. These are brushfires of a different nature. I'm a Network Manager and the things I have to hose down are malfunctioning switches, routers, servers, cabling, employees... that sort of thing... :D :D :D

-slinger

dirkclod said:
PhantomFanatic said:
dirkclod said:
He just has 1...... Him ;)

What about you Dirk? How many multi-rotors do you have. I just got a new one in today. So, it is time to buy another! But, I've got to save up for a FPV for my P2.
Just one bro and it's been gone for several weeks and will be back Monday new shell and all new V3 upgrades :D

Do I have to drag it out of you! Since it I will be V3, I will guess you have a Phantom vision drone that you had upgraded to the latest V3 unit. Close? :)

Slinger, I was also in the electronics field until a &$!@^ drunk driver ruined my life! A decision to stop at an amber light when no one else was at the intersection, put me in a life consisting of hellish daily pain. By the time the pain was excruitiating and I had tests, it was too late to sue. Or so I was told. That non-lawyer was wrong! (Kicking myself for not getting real legal advice)

I thought disability pay was what you are earning. Another mistake. It is 60% of what I made in 1994. (More cussing)

Why in the blank didn't I go on through the intersection????? One split second decision....

gunslinger said:
Umm... I have 15... :oops: :oops: :oops:

1) Hubsan X4 H107L old FC new body
2) Hubsan X4 H107L with LadyBird props
3) Top Selling X6 H107L
4) Hubsan X4 H107C
5) Hubsan X4 H107C no camera, custom painted and pinstriped
6) Hubsan X4 H107C no camera with high speed motors from MMW
7) Hubsan X4 H107C no camera
8) Estes Proto X
9) Dromida Ominus with LaTrax Alias props and shafts
10) Hubsan X4 H107D
11) Custom microquad with white body
12) Custom microquad with black body
13) Carbon Fiber Micro H frame with MMW black motors and Hubsan FC
14) UDI U817A with camera
15) DJI Phantom Vision 2 with RotorPixel gimbal, Flytrex Core, RE700, New style TX

I know... I know... My name is slinger... and I'm a quadaholic... It's been three days since I've added a quad to my squadron...
:D :D :D

-slinger

-slinger

Where is the Galaxy visitor you ordered?
They have the 2 now.......?

I have an FC40 that's on the bench for mods.

I own 2 if you count the Hubsan 107 that flew off into a pasture a few months back. It's probably in pieces or under a cow patty. If a cow didn't step on it, a deer or antelope or Dirk's elk probably did.

I'll have another one if anyone can find me a battery powered multi-rotor that will fly for an hour at 6,000 ft msl. :D

I don't call them drones so: I have my P2V quad and a smaller one and two minis. The smaller one and the minis are tied up in the ridiculous shipping from Europe to the USA. Maybe some year they will show up. 22 days and still stuck there. :x

J Dot said:
gunslinger said:
Umm... I have 15... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Where is the Galaxy visitor you ordered?
They have the 2 now.......?

J Dot... I never got around to ordering it! I almost pulled the trigger a couple of times but you can see that I'm obviously easily distracted by any new quad or quad body I see... It's awful, really... I'll be minding my own business and I'll run across something new in a FaceBook site and... Ooooooo Shiny!!! ... and off I go... :oops: :) :D :lol:

IflyinWY said:

I own 2 if you count the Hubsan 107 that flew off into a pasture a few months back. It's probably in pieces or under a cow patty. If a cow didn't step on it, a deer or antelope or Dirk's elk probably did.

I'll have another one if anyone can find me a battery powered multi-rotor that will fly for an hour at 6,000 ft msl. :D

Flying for an hour's not a problem. Just take a good sized balloon... fill it with Helium... Tie it to the quad... :D

1920369_634619160000701_3085469671900305508_n.jpg

I have 10 craft in my little fleet.

1. Syma S6 (Very Small Blue Helicopter) (£15)
2. Hubsan Q4 (Very Small White Quadcopter) (£20)
3. Eachine CG022 (Far Right Small White Quadcopter) (£20)
4. Hubsan X4 (Small Black Quadcopter) (£25)
5. Syma X5C (Bottom Left Medium Size White Quadcopter) (£45)
6. Eachine X6 (Blue Hex Between Phantoms) (£45)
7. Hubsan X4 FPV (Small White Quadcopter Beside The Syma X5C) (£85)
8. Parrot Rolling Spider (Bottom Blue Quadcopter) (£90)
9. DJI Phantom FC40 (£375)
10. DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus (£925)

Got 2. a small one, and a big one. :)

PsychopathRC said:
1920369_634619160000701_3085469671900305508_n.jpg

How do you like that Eachine Hex? I've been sorely tempted to pick that one up...

-slinger

PsychopathRC said:

What do you think about your Syma X5C? I'm waiting (22days) for my X5C-1 to arrive.

Hello,
Well add 1 to my crew, local hobby shop, giving a deal, you spend $25,
Get this baby for $25, flies really good, I was pleasantly surprised.

Here are a couple pics:

5F6130A0-2D51-4BEC-9829-B7A3E9575C57_zps1iupmh2b.jpg

D5ABDA98-D883-424B-82A7-3001F014BFCB_zpsmr5lq7d2.jpg

Take care, fly safe!

J Dot

gunslinger said:
How do you like that Eachine Hex? I've been sorely tempted to pick that one up...

-slinger

It's a lot of fun to fly. It's slightly more aggressive then the Syma X5C and the camera that comes with it is better then the one I got with my Syma X5C. But maybe that's because I have the older model. It can't handle wind quite like a Hubsan though. Also, it takes these square 520MaH LiPo batteries. So if you have lots of traditional rectangular batteries, you'll have to strap them onto the bottom somehow. I used 2 elastic bands to hold batteries before I bought more square ones. The flight time is pretty good. I can get about 5 minutes with the camera on and maybe 7 minutes with the camera off. If you fly in warm conditions, you'll have to watch the motors. Mine have gotten very hot at times. Maybe think about letting it cool down between batteries if you get one. The range is very good. I take it much further away then most of my micros. It's not very shock resistant however. Just today I had a crash on grass from about 10 feet in the air and it split an arm. Yesterday my friend crashed it in my room and split the bottom somehow. The ends of the legs always want to seem to split too. So it's not something you should throw about too much. All in all, it's worth it though. It's a micro-hex after all :D

Happyflyer said:
What do you think about your Syma X5C? I'm waiting (22days) for my X5C-1 to arrive.

Despite having the older version, I think it's great. It's the multi-rotor that I've let quite a few of my 'n00b' friends use. It's very smooth to fly and it's larger size can make it look more expensive to people not in-the-know. It's also very robust. Another bonus when it comes to letting my friends fly. It can't fight wind too well though. I leave wind fighting to my Hubsan's. It's the one multi-rotor that I can do many flips with (3 - 5 in one go). That's unique. Like the Eachine Hex, mentioned above, things can get a little hot if you're not flying in the cold. Generally when I remove the battery after a flight, it, along with the main board is hot. Like the Eachine Hex, it's good to let it cool between battery changes unless you're flying in cold weather. All in all, it's definitely worth having. It's a baby Phantom! ;)

Having bought most of my fleet on Ebay and Amazon, I can tell you I waited for 3 - 4 weeks on average for all of them x)

J Dot said:
Hello,

Here are a couple pics:

Take care, fly safe!

J Dot

Looks like a Horizon Hobby's FAZE.....

-slinger

gunslinger said:
J Dot said:
Hello,

Here are a couple pics:

Take care, fly safe!

J Dot

Looks like a Horizon Hobby's FAZE.....

-slinger

Spend $25 and then you can spend another $25 for the drone. Uh, what is the normal cost of the drone? $25? :)

IflyinWY said:

How about 50 minutes? I know of one.

J Dot said:
Hello,
Get this baby for $25, flies really good, I was pleasantly surprised....

...Take care, fly safe!

J Dot
Well that is one sharp little bug. Even shows its "guts" on the bottom. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.