How many batteries,props, do you have?

Reaction score
I ordered just one extra battery but have been doing some reading on the recharge time...kinda long. I also ordered a extra set of blades and the blade guards because I know I will need them. Do any of you guys use them prop guards and how many batteries do ya carry with ya.

You'll get bad answers on prop guards on this forum... they cause more crashes because of the added weight out at the ends of the arms... the general rule is... if you need prop guards, you ain't flying in the right area... you should stay out in the open with no reason for props to come in contact with anything.

I kept it at 2 batteries and still running the same props I installed on day one 7 months ago :ugeek:

I have two extra sets of props and 5 batteries -- but I fly large project sites and can't afford to not have enough juice to complete my assignment, which could last a few hours. I don't think my situation is typical. I have a set of snap-on prop guards just in case I have to fly in tight quarters or if I train someone else. I haven't used them for general flying since I began hand catching on returns.

Looking at how long the battery last and how long it takes to fully charge one I was thinking of getting a third one. One of the videos I was watching suggested removing the camera until I get the hang of flying it. What I really need to do is hook up my flight simulator pooter it then I can really see what I am doing...lol

Attachments

• screen003[1].jpg
    screen003[1].jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 632
I have 4 batteries, two sets of regular props, with the one set on the quad to be replaced by the recently arrived grey E300 props!

I don't fly with prop guards either but I snatched a set with quick connects off eBay, just in case I may need them down the road.

Three batteries, two sets of props (9450's) and quick release prop guards. I prefer to fly without the guards.

5 Batteries, but I usually only use like 1 or 2. Two of the other five batteries are puffed/swelled.

Propellers... I think I change them far more often than my underwear. :lol:

I have three batteries but two is almost enough.
I only got a third one because one started the auto land thing and was sent back so I only had one for a couple of weeks.
As for props it came with two sets in April, and the spare set is unopened - why do you need loads of spares, you aren't supposed to hit things? :)

Thanks for the input. I ordered the prop guards and extra blades because I don't want to be flying and screw up and break a blade then I gotta stop having fun. Will be trying this at the Yorktown battle fields. Plenty of open space. The battle fields are so large even if the battery died there is still room for it to land.

Attachments

• imagesFJIV89W4.jpg
    imagesFJIV89W4.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 376
Unfortunaty, it's against the law to fly drones in National Parks, and Yorktown Battlefields are part of the Colonial National Historical Park. You can thank the morons who were chasing the animals at Yellowstone for that.

(Btw.. I saw the 3 Stooges in person as a kid. Lol.)

Channel70Productions said:
We told the park ranger we were flying a quadcopter and not a drone. He said no problem.

You were lucky. They could have taken it. Park Rangers have confiscated Phantoms before.

I have the one battery that came with my PV2+. I fly often but not long. Also, the original set of replacement props and snap on prop guards I can use if needed. Haven't needed them but it's good to have them as an option.

:D
Four batteries and one extra set of props for me. 9450 props and rotate batteries, I fly a V2, but mostly V2+ since July.

Really tired of the cold and snow already! Next clear day looks like Thanksgiving. :cry:

4 batteries for me I still have to factory props but I just got the 50s.

I usually kill all my batteries every time I fly. Which is usually daily.

Just waiting for the inspire one to come. Can't wait to fly it

I also have 4 batteries and think it is a good choice. 2 batteries were not enough for me and 4 is just right for me if for example travelling and sight seeing.
I have 2 original DJI batteries and 2 6000 mah Onbos. Higher capacity ones I use for longer flights.

I have set of original props from the box and 2 sets of 9450 props. I use regular props for no wind or mild wind and 9450's for higher altitudes and stronger winds, for stability and extra power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers