How many batteries on a tablet ?

Reaction score
So I had my iPhone 6+ at 80% and my phone died on the 4th battery back to back.

Anyone know how many batteries you get on a iPad Air 2 ?

On a ________ tablet ? Etc.

Curious to see...

Battery could be a concern ... I'm going to Egypt and planning some epic videos trying to set up everything perfect before I go.

I flew over 7 batteries July 4th on the Air 2, didn't start out at 100% probably 80ish and ended up 40-45ish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the phone or tablet get a little charge from the controller?

I use an iPad Air 2 and I see the charging symbol activate when I connect it to the RC.

iPad Air 2 here. Seems to take about 5-8% per flight.

Nexus 7 II Four Batteries with plenty android power to spare.
That of course is to the first warning mark 30%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the phone or tablet get a little charge from the controller?

I use an iPad Air 2 and I see the charging symbol activate when I connect it to the RC.

No, the controller does not charge your phone. When a device is connected to a USB connection, it goes through a power request negotiation (ie it asks for more power). When the device does not supply the appropriate power (and the controller does not), as a safeguard it will determine it should not attempt to charge the battery (too low of a charge current can harm your devices batteries longevity).

If you look again, you'll note the charging indicator only stays on for a few seconds and then shuts off when you first plug in your iOS device (ie when you first plug it in it will say it's charging for 3-5 seconds). It does not charge for the duration of the flight.

My iPhone plus was not charging it died while flying... Maybe I'm not using a authentic apple cable ?
The controller will not charge your phone, the output power is only 500mah so the phone will see it as a data connection only. Might show charging for a few seconds but will then stop. I flew 5 batteries down to 20% average and my Air 2 still had 70%

Just buy a high quality external quick charge battery pack for your phone, that you can use to charge in between flights and keep you topped up on the way to your shoots. You'll probably get 100-200% more out of your phone depending on what you buy.
Or go for something like a battery-case. Many options out there http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/10-best-portable-battery-chargers-for-the-iphone-6/

I always take one when travelling as aside from my credit card and passport, a working smart phone is probably my most important asset.

Last edited:
Reactions: richardseguro
I haven't charged my ipad air 2 in over a week, I've probable gone through 12 batteries in that time, and I noticed its time to charge it

I haven't charged my ipad air 2 in over a week, I've probable gone through 12 batteries in that time, and I noticed its time to charge it
I guess I'm buying a ipad air 2 today because it seems everyone is getting great charge cycles... also i can't see *^$% on my iPhone plus while flying. glare is really bad and screen is pretty small.

Glare will be bad on the ipad too,,but you have a much larger screen. I have a shade for my ipad that helps some,,but its still hard to see if I can't find some shade

Take you iPhone 6 and tablet and a fast portable charger. You should have plenty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.