How many batteries is enough?

Reaction score
I am just wondering how many batteries everyone has. I have 2 and I definitely feel like I need more. Is it possible to feel like you have enough? I am guessing I would like at least 1 more, probably 2.

Also wondering if anyone has the 3 battery charger adapter that sells for @ $85 (USD). Is it okay? Seems better than carrying 3 chargers around. I hate that it costs so much $$$ though.

I have 4, it feels like a good number for me right now. I also have 2 chargers though and I'm never waiting for a charged up battery. I try to keep them at 50-60% if upcoming weather is looking crappy, then with 2 chargers I can top them up pretty quickly before heading out again. One thing I like is that the dji chargers fit the same sized hole as a battery in my case.

I think shrimpfarmer has at least 6 - great for going out to areas with no power source!

I have 6 batteries plenty enough for me

I have 4, which seems to be adequate. I guess more flying time is better, but 4 is ok. :)

Got 2 at the moment and 2 on the way. Maybe I'll go for 1 more. But yeah no such thing as too much batteries.

3 batteries and 3 chargers. This is the way to go. Anything else is just foolish. FOOLISH I TELL YOU!!! :twisted:

ianwood said:
I am getting battery envy. Pathetic!

No kidding! I thought having two with one charger, keeping both fully charged and ready to go was enough! :shock:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
ianwood said:

No kidding! I thought having two with one charger, keeping both fully charged and ready to go was enough! :shock:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Do you have the option to fly each day? I am getting time management envy...

For longer than two days of ground duties I'd strongly suggest balancing your battery to around 3.8 Volts per cell.
Battery lifetime dramatically drops when you leave them fully charged or discharged.

15 and five chargers for my Phantom 1s
5 and 3 chargers for my Phantom 2 (just got it in today... yesssssss). Will need more of these, just so pricey.

I carry a lot since I burn thru them on multi-day camping excursions and inverters and similar Duracell packs are already assigned to keeping other stuff powered!

Don Promillo said:
Fink said:
ianwood said:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Do you have the option to fly each day? I am getting time management envy...

For longer than two days of ground duties I'd strongly suggest balancing your battery to around 3.8 Volts per cell.
Battery lifetime dramatically drops when you leave them fully charged or discharged.

Sorry to hijack a bit, but does 3.8V/cell translate to 11.4V or about 77%?

Have 4
and 2 chargers

Figure if I go out to a field with no power I can bring a small honda generator with me
run battery 1 for 30min
then put batt 2 in and charge batt 1 in charger 1
then fly for 30 min
then batt 3 in with batt 2 on charger 2 and batt 1 on charger 1
Fly 30 min
then batt 4 in and pull batt 1 off charger 1 and put batt 3 on charger 1
then fly 30 min
then put batt 1 in
take batt 2 off charger 2 put batt 4 on charger 2

keep the cycle going.... may have short breaks while chargers finish fully charging batteries but that lets the copter cool down and such too

4 batteries is enough

if you had 5 batteries though I have calculated you should be able to fly continuously until you feel like stopping.

Speaking of bringing things out to the field... How many charges would a typical car battery give you using an inverter rather than bringing a small gas generator. Anyone done the math on this? Or how many charges could your vehicle give you before it won't start? Just looking for averages, batteries range in all different sizes and condition...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1