How many batteries back to back

Reaction score
Curious, I know that the motors do get warm after a flight, how many batteries have you flown back to back with?

I've done 5 easy. Did that on the 4thof July.

Motors are air cooled by these huge built in fans Don't worry ha

I've flown 3 almost back to back flights (3 batteries that is) without issue (a break long enough to take the batter out and put it in the car with the blowers running to start to cool it down so maybe a couple of minutes tops) I've done this twice recently though to be honest i usually fly with friends so by the time you've had a beer... sorry diet coke and a natter you'd be hard pressed to get back to back flights in like that.

Fly with friends... your batteries will thank you and so will your friends :)

OK, just got my 4th battery delivered today and had never seen this question. I guess the 1st post said five back to back with no issues, I should be safe with 3 or 4.

The P3 could fly for hours and hours if it wasn't limited by the battery. Motor and ESC temperature will never be an issue unless one is about to fail.

I'd argue that pilot concentration span would be the limiting factor (unless multiple pilots).
Be hard to say that you could focus with the required level of attention on a quad for 2 hours I would think.

I'd argue that pilot concentration span would be the limiting factor (unless multiple pilots).
Be hard to say that you could focus with the required level of attention on a quad for 2 hours I would think.
I don't know....................... I sit in my chair, drinking Gatorade, relaxing, and find that I can't take my eyes off the bird or screen for the entire time!! But 4 of the batteries I only flew to 50%. But I'm not getting involved in that debate lol!!

Ahhhhh... Come on.
I'm "never" one to compromise. My positions are either this one or that one. But on this, I can see both sides. There is "nothing" from or by any manufacturer stating to condition the battery. Nothing. At least I can't find anything. On the other hand, at $150 a pop for these bad boys, I just cannot see the "harm" in doing it. Even if there is absolutely "nothing" to be gained by doing it, it gives "me" peace of mind. And, really, doesn't it all boil down to each of us doing what we think is best for our equipment? If you don't buy the theory/fable, don't do it. If you think it might help, do it.

ETA: beginning to sound like a damned politician lol!!

I'm "never" one to compromise. My positions are either this one or that one. But on this, I can see both sides. There is "nothing" from or by any manufacturer stating to condition the battery. Nothing. At least I can't find anything. On the other hand, at $150 a pop for these bad boys, I just cannot see the "harm" in doing it. Even if there is absolutely "nothing" to be gained by doing it, it gives "me" peace of mind. And, really, doesn't it all boil down to each of us doing what we think is best for our equipment? If you don't buy the theory/fable, don't do it. If you think it might help, do it.

If you have plenty of batteries, always starting out at 100% and returning around 50% gives you plenty of reserve, should anything go wrong. Nothing like trying to bring her back over water with 20% battery remaining to make you pucker, after impulsively pushing the distance envelope! :eek: You never know when the wind direction might change, or when you might run into a thermal! Flying below 50% remaining battery adds an element of risk, unless you are already on your way back when you reach it!

I really do believe this theory. I just saw a thread that someone only had 15 flights and his battery life now says 98%. I have over 40 flights on each battery and still at 100%. I, of course, did the breaking in theory.

My guess is that there is at least a 2% margin of error in the battery life measurement algorithm. :cool:

I really do believe this theory. I just saw a thread that someone only had 15 flights and his battery life now says 98%. I have over 40 flights on each battery and still at 100%. I, of course, did the breaking in theory.
i have 15 flights and my battery is at 79% now doesn't matter if you do the break in or not, i asked DJI about this break in thing they said that its the intelligent board job to keep it balanced, i know that is necessary to do it for lipos in general not saying your wrong at all, in fact your right they should have mentioned it on the manual for those people who are new to lipos like me... anw i got a replacement battery mine was defective after some investigation from DJI support they said they will send me another one free of charge...

i have 15 flights and my battery is at 79% now doesn't matter if you do the break in or not, i asked DJI about this break in thing they said that its the intelligent board job to keep it balanced, i know that is necessary to do it for lipos in general not saying your wrong at all, in fact your right they should have mentioned it on the manual for those people who are new to lipos like me... anw i got a replacement battery mine was defective after some investigation from DJI support they said they will send me another one free of charge...
When you get it --be conservative with the discharge percentage until you get a few flights on it-- it doesn't pay to push the limits on a new battery.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers