How many batteries are you getting?

Is this out of the P3 manual or P4 manual? Has the charger been revised for P4 to handle charging both? Can someone please confirm?
The intelligent flight battery has it's own requirements, and should be charged by itself. As far as the charger overheating, you can also place the battery, charger and RC atop a cooling fan, as I do, to keep everything cool, while you charge your kit. ;-) I bought s second 100w charger, so the suggestion to charge them separate, isn't a question I need to personally process. YMMV

RedHotPoker

Sorry for not clarifying it, mine are both for my Phantom 3 Pro.
Haven't ventured into deeper water yet. I am going to wait until the prices have gone way down. ;-) and the glitches if any, worked out...

RedHotPoker

Sorry for not clarifying it, mine are both for my Phantom 3 Pro.
Haven't ventured into deeper water yet. I am going to wait until the prices have gone way down. ;-) and the glitches if any, worked out...

RedHotPoker

I figured as they were still working glitches out of the P3 line I may as well just take the plunge with P4...although I can still use P3's charger to charge up the RC while I'm charging P4 batteries one by one by one by one by.....

My P3P has been completely normal and reliable, & has never had any of the issues, or maladies that weren't of my own doing. Thankful to be in the vast majority, of that tasty pie graff.
But in reading these threads, there are sure a wide variety of concerns, others have encountered which need serious attention.

RedHotPoker

How do you compare them? What major differences are noticeable, and what kind of flight times are you getting from them P4 intelligent flight battery packs?

RedHotPoker

I haven't had any issue with either that wasn't easily rectified with a Google search or via RTFM. I bought many batteries for the P4 as I won't take off on anything less than a full charge and Im generally only in the air for no more than 15minutes to get the shot I'm looking for. I can look back at my P3 flights and the longest was just under 18minutes and if I remember correctly that was with ~12% battery remaining, so far I have had almost the same amount of air time with (P4) ~40% remaining... Hopefully I will never need more than 6 flights for any one outing but the real PITA is charging the batt's one at a time [emoji19]

Bust open the piggy bank and buy a second charger, or acquire a @dji charging hub. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Bust open the piggy bank and buy a second charger, or acquire a @dji charging hub. ;-)

RedHotPoker

There is no hub available for P4 ATM and DJI hasn't made the charger available for purchase yet...but I will be one of their first customers for one or two when the are in the store [emoji41]

Having two chargers isn't a luxury, but a necessity, especially if you have four or more intelligent flight battery packs, as I do. ;-)
It's great, and I'm very happy I spent the extra money for the ultimate experience. I was considering a Smart Power Charger, but the price tag made it rather untouchable.
image.jpeg

SmartPowerCharge.com Site Product Detail Page

They will surely release a Phantom 4 battery charger soon.

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
How do you compare them? What major differences are noticeable, and what kind of flight times are you getting from them P4 intelligent flight battery packs?

RedHotPoker
p 4 seems to fly smoother.
on my first flight I got 21 min and 15 seconds and still had 15 percent left in the battery.
never got this on ether of the p3p that I had.

Yeah, there seems to be some discrepancy about flight times @dji advertised and our actual flight battery longevity, experiences.
So I take it, you sound quite pleased and certainly satisfied with your Phantom 4 purchase.
I look forward to the prices dropping, or of other Phantom 4 models being released within the next four months. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr