how long will LEDS stay on if phantom gets lost?

Reaction score
Any know if you lose your FC40 how long the leds with stay flashing? in hopes that it may aid it finding it?

My LED lights stayed on for about 10-15 minutes after my Phantom auto-landed and I had motors running on the ground for the 15 minutes. You can prob get around 45 mins. Then it starts beeping.

Been searching for 8 hours and by the time it was dark out about 3 hours had already passed. and I had high hopes Id see the blinking led Then it started raining and high and low for it. I'm sure if its not trashed from the rain by now it will be soon and the or cast is calling for rain all night and all the way till next weekend. It freaking blows to I finely got all the bugs worked out and had that puppy flying sweet and did 3 flights. With out a hitch and got 10-12 minutes out of each charge Came in and recharged then took her out for another flight and at on point being the S2 home lock was working so well I flew her out of visual range and wanted to get some video of the river and I flew her for 30 seconds past were I could not even see her any more then pulled back on the stick and 30 seconds later there she was and she was just cursing then I wanted to do a quick run down over my street to the end and back and noticed I was 7 mins and wanted to start getting her closer and I looked down at the controls and the clock for a split second and lost site of her pulled back on the stick and see flashing red. OH no And could see her dropping and I could not keep it her up to get her home. I searched I a straight line and out in a fan patron all the way from my house in the direction it was last at all after noon and all night and nothing. no one seen it no one heard it. Which figures cause the run about 2 hours before that in the video there's all sorts of people all over the place on the ground all looking up. Tho when I hoped some one would see it-nothing nada zilch. That low battery auto land is freaking ridicules. esp being that it kicked in a 7 minutes when I got a 12 and a 10 minute run on the same battery today with out even triggering it. and riding her just as hard them times to. and to make matters worse not only did I not be able to see what I know would of been some great video of that last run But I also didn't move the rest of the flights from earlier off the card so I lost them to.

Found her this morning after griding out a map on Google in a line were she was last seen and the home point and right at the outer edge of the limits. Tho she was out in the rain all night and I don't know if I will be able to save her if there was any power still when rain hit.

My battery was dry but is toast and was at 0 volts and would not take a charge so Idid a trick I now to get a few volts in it to make the charge think there is a battery hooked up which seemed to work and it started to charge it but now the battery is bulged so I know that didnt work. The camera was ok and so isnt my sd card. But unfortunately i have a bunch of loop files on it and it over wrote all the video I had of my eailer flights and now just has 66 videos of it stilling up side down in some ones yard all after noon yesterday.

Now for the iffy part which is to dry her all out and see if she didn't get fried from the rain. I took her out the the garage and blew out all the water I could with compressed air then used a trick I have used to dry other electronics by pouring a lil bit of bone dry alcohol threw it to get out any remaining water then blew her out again and now have it sitting in a 90 degree drying oven to drive out any of the alcohol. and prying and praying that battery was good and drained by the time the rain hit. Which I'm hoping it did cause I walked past that yard at least a dozen times last night after dark and no way I would of missed that flashing yellow led were it was had it been flashing. It was in a yard that had chain link on the 3 sides I walked on and about 2 feet behind it was a white vinyl picked fence and it would of been reflecting off that and lighting up the whole yard. That thing is almost blinding when its blinking.

so... how is she?

Well after drying her out I decided to try her out and even tried the slightly swelled battery. The battery took forever to charge and for one cell to balance But it id eventually and I check the voltage on all the cells and they all seemed to be with in normal range. So I crossed my fingers and hooked it up and got all my bla bla bleep sounds and hooked it up to nazam assistant and Every thing seemed ok. and the rotors powered on and off. So I took a big breath and took her out and put some tight limits on the range so if the battery didn't last and if it had to do low battery landing It would not be far and I Put her threw all the paces front back side to side and yaw and it all seemed fine then I flew her out 50 yards and tested the go home and she went up and came back then landed Did that few times and a few high up shots over head and landed her and landed her at the 10 min mark with just enough juice in the battery to hover her about another minute before I got my amber battery light. So I think every thing is all ok I just needed to recalibrate the compass so it landed closer to the take off mark. Then I recharged the battery and did the same tests and she landed much closer to the home point. Then I did a compass dance outside to confirm my suspicion that seems to mess it up a lil bit if I do it out side and it did. I don't know if there is a lot of iron out side or pipes in the ground but It seems to work better when I do it inside. Which seems to be opposite of any thing any one says about doing a compass calibration. But I did have one tiny glitch on the 2nd test run I landed her then shut the motors off. Then when I tried to restart them they would not start at all. Tried like ten times and nothing then I switched the TX off and back on and then every thing worked ok. I don't know what the heck that was all about. But seems like it had to be some thing with the transmitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav