How long does the range extender operate?

It takes around 5 hours to go from dead to fully charged.
Sucks I know.
And as far as range on stock vision (not plus ) range extender for me, the longest I've been was around 540 feet until it started cutting off. (640x480 at 15fps)
But then again I'm in heavy wifi traffic with trees and power lines so that may affect my range.

Just a data point as I don't know the answer...
I have 3 batteries for my P2V and generally fly until all three are 10% or less. While they are recharging I also plug the range extender into my laptop and recharge it until the light turns green. But I haven't timed it. So it's a non issue for me as I always have the range extender fully charged at the beginning of the days flying and it easily outlasts the three P2V batteries.

usaken said:
I'm curious as to how long the external range extender runs on a charge. I usually charge it for an hour or so every time I fly

Not sure how long it takes to run out of juice, but I was concerned about its ability to keep a charge so I bought this Battery pack that I attach to the bottom of the RE

7na3.jpg

See this thread for more info:
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11923

RCRookie said:
Not sure how long it takes to run out of juice, but I was concerned about its ability to keep a charge so I bought this Battery pack that I attach to the bottom of the RE

7na3.jpg

See this thread for more info:
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11923

I bought a very similar battery pack and will use it to power the range extender and also top up the iPhone while flying. I like your mounting position, is that just Velcro to hold it in place?

Same here, using the external cell to charge or boost the WiFi extender.
Once I lost wifi at short distance and I think as the internal battery is getting weaker the signal is not as strong.
After installing the external cell I always have maximum wifi connection...

Attachments

• SAM_0006-web.jpg
    SAM_0006-web.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 585
  • SAM_0007-web.jpg
    SAM_0007-web.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 534
brushlesheaven said:
Once I lost wifi at short distance and I think as the internal battery is getting weaker the signal is not as strong.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but my wife extender battery lasts way longer that my P2V+ battery. I think your idea is ingenious, are you doing many flights in a row so that's why you need this?

Dave

Yes...

dkyacht said:
brushlesheaven said:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but my wife extender battery lasts way longer that my P2V+ battery. I think your idea is ingenious, are you doing many flights in a row so that's why you need this?

Dave

Hi guys, what are the best AA batteries to use in the RC. And how much time are you getting of a new set? They are the only batteries that don't have meter. Thanks.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers