How is the "smart" board on Phantom 2 batteries wired to the cells?

Reaction score
After reading this post on the DJI forum I had some questions about how exactly the cells are wired to the pack but unfortunately I can't post on the DJI forum yet for some reason. Anyway, does anyone know what is meant by the "switched high power ground" and "high power ground"? From what I understand, a switched ground circuit is where the ground wires acts as a switch for the circuit, but why are there two high power ground wires and only one is labeled as switched?
1413156383_20141012_183048-picsay_zpsb8tcsgbz.jpg

LiPo batteries are dangerous due to their power density and construction.

People are hesitant to provide you the information you seek due to, based on your questions, what seems like insufficient understanding of the basics.

Did I mention these are dangerous.

LiPo batteries are dangerous due to their power density and construction.

People are hesitant to provide you the information you seek due to, based on your questions, what seems like insufficient understanding of the basics.

Did I mention these are dangerous.
I figured it out after taking a couple voltage measurements - the high power ground wire connects cell 1 ground to the smart board on one side. Once the battery is turned on, the switched high power ground wire connects to cell 1 ground. The smart board acts as a switch between these two wires. The positive terminal on the battery connector remains always connected to the cells. I suppose this a safety feature so that the user can't really short the battery when it's off.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl