How is the Radar in the lower left corner of Go App used?

Sprague,
I also give it a quick glimpse now knowing what it represents, gonna be very useful tool. Also for those who seem to reply with a bit of attitude in their responses need to have a little more patience. I ALWAYS try to search first, often yielding only fragments of info that I'm seeking. This quad copter hobby has exploded to near a phenom state, bringing in new "followers" daily, hungry to learn. It's just gonna happen on the boards that questions ar going to be asked and reasked over and over. BTW, this search engine is much better than the forum search, give it a shot next time:

Google Custom Search
Didn't know about that one-- Trying to set it up know-- I put in the site-- but Google is asking for the Name of the Search Engine? Have any idea what that is.
Thanks for sharing :):)

Hi bobmyers... I may not be understanding your question right but when I click on "Google Custom Search' this is where it takes me:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440987029.407094.jpg

Hi bobmyers... I may not be understanding your question right but when I click on "Google Custom Search' this is where it takes me: View attachment 29161
Sprague-- this is what I am coming up with when I try to set up a Google Search-- The page wont let me create a custom search page without naming a search engineo_O
See attached file.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Custom Search.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 194
Sprague-- this is what I am coming up with when I try to set up a Google Search-- The page wont let me create a custom search page without naming a search engineo_O
See attached file.
Thanks for your help!
Just figured it out LOL -- old and slow:D

What @msinger said. Before there was the "wand" (the straight line that's always present on the radar between the home point and the bird), the paper airplane icon on the radar was the only way to know which direction the bird was facing/flying when not in LOS. Now that the "wand" is present, it's basically just useful for knowing which direction the camera is facing.
BINGO, and that is never correct for me. 12 o'clock is never where the drone actually is, I have to point at a different point, and sometimes I KNOW that it's in that direction, I get my signal bars back too, but it might show it 30 degrees off. I'm confused.

BINGO, and that is never correct for me. 12 o'clock is never where the drone actually is, I have to point at a different point, and sometimes I KNOW that it's in that direction, I get my signal bars back too, but it might show it 30 degrees off. I'm confused.
Sounds like the compass in your tablet needs to be calibrated.
Google will find the way to do that for you.

trying to get a new GPS and Prop.
I tried to be extra **** about that, and even put another compass app for double checking, and I think I have it working. A rather obvious solution, but thanks for bringing me to my senses. It's a great little tool.

Between the HD live video (and if you are REALLY LOS it goes a LONG way) the map overlay, and the Radar, it makes for a fun platform to just make epic journeys. Not what the FAA wants to see. But if over the ocean, or in the boonies, your just risking your P3P. AND I LIKE MINE. It does take great video and stills. Not a Canon Mark III, or a D-810, but they can be really good.

I have a Lenovo Laptop, with an HD screen, but NOT 4K. My 4K footage does great on it. I know it has to be downsized, but between the PC, and my playback app, WOW.

When flying around on a nice sunny day sometimes Im looking at what the camera sees and get lost in the moment, then the low battery alarm goes off. First thing I do is look at the radar turn the bird towards home and high tail back to starting point on radar...but that's just me!

And if you went out into the wind, especially if it's stiff, you'll make it back fine. I set my distance record up the beach, 13,000 ft. WITH THE WIND. I went up at a nice altitude, so as not to bother anyone. I came back at 50'. I MADE IT. I caught it, went to hit the power button and it died. LOL. WHAT AN IDIOT. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Answer: Nothing.

I'm still fairly new at this Phantom thing and I'm a Phantom 3 Professional owner. I've learned a lot here, and I have yet to come across any real negative posts in answer to any of my questions. People here have been very helpful, I must say.

That being said, and you being a new Phantom Standard owner. If I see you asking a question you can bet that I'll try to help you if I can. We're all flyers here no matter what device our camera's attached to so I think everyone deserves to get their questions answered. Anyone that doesn't like talking to a new chap with a lesser bird simply doesn't need to answer the question that's asked.

Like I said, I'm no pro but have learned a lot in a short time and I am always willing to help others. I'm over 70 years of age and I still remember what my dear mother used to tell me. If you can help someone sometime, then your time here on earth is being well spent. My mother left us two years ago but if there's one thing she taught us, it was manners. Thanks Mum.

Bud

I agree. I have a lot of interests and belong to many different forums. Most offer a lot of polite support and help especially to noobs. If things get out of hand the moderators will step in. I find this forum to be more surly and condescending at times than any other I have been a member of.

I have not asked for any help yet because of this and particularly because I am a new Phantom 3 STANDARD owner which seems to garner a lot of hate around here. If you are not a Pro or Advanced owner you just have no right even hanging out in this forum.

There, I said it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers