How is live video feed when obstacles present?

Reaction score
For those of you that have your hands on a Phantom 3, how is the video range when you have obstacles. For example, can you go out 1/2 mile and then go down to the ground and behind trees and still keep your video signal?

Reactions: RyanK
I'm surprised no one knows.

There being no iOS app for the live view might have something to do with it.

Well I can say this. Today I got my P3A and I used my Galaxy S5 for the view. Just a side note the Galaxy Tab S Is a VERY tight fit in the holder to the point where I was bending the screen to get it in the holder. I will Be taking that back tomorrow and just upgrading my phone to the Note 4 or IPhone 6 plus. Back on topic. I flew it 1/4 mile away and landed in my grandparents driveway and took off and I didnt even have a glitch. So far im EXTREMELY happy with everything!!! It was in their front driveway and there is another house and some woods in front of it. Very impressed!!.

Well I can say this. Today I got my P3A and I used my Galaxy S5 for the view. Just a side note the Galaxy Tab S Is a VERY tight fit in the holder to the point where I was bending the screen to get it in the holder. I will Be taking that back tomorrow and just upgrading my phone to the Note 4 or IPhone 6 plus. Back on topic. I flew it 1/4 mile away and landed in my grandparents driveway and took off and I didnt even have a glitch. So far im EXTREMELY happy with everything!!! It was in their front driveway and there is another house and some woods in front of it. Very impressed!!.

Awesome!!

Would you be willing to push it a little farther, maybe a 1/2 mile and tell us if you can go down and still get a clear video signal with obstacles in the way?

Keep an eye on the Live HD Signal meter in the app and you should be fine. Worse case it does an RTH.

I just got to fly for a bit, but behind a really thick acre of trees when my phantom was about 1000 ft. away, I didnt have so much as a stutter. That is actually saying something, as even with Stage 3 Fpvlr upgrade on my P2, it always lost signal.

Reactions: dysan911

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic