How interference free can I expect?

Reaction score
Hey guys -

Kind of new to the FPV experience and am using a kumbacam system.

I get a fairly clear and good signal most of the time - but occasionally I get some fade of signal or a blink or horizontal lines every now and then.

My assumption is that a perfectly clear and interference free FPV image must be pretty rare - but how much do you all see minor blips, dips, static, interference and adjustments on your various systems... and when would you consider it "too much"?

I don't think I have too much interference - but I haven't really pushed the boundaries with distance or height with my FPV yet... just want to hear from FPV vets on what one should expect in terms of image quality and interference?

interference-free FPV systems are not exactly rare as long as you use good components. mine is rock solid without a hint of interference, scrolling lines, or any of that stuff out to at least 1800m but my system destroys the kumbacam kit in terms of quality, especially the antennas I have the FPVLR Ultimate kit with a pentalobe on the transmitter and I only ever use the helix on the receiver.

Your kit should be able to do a couple hundred meters with no problem, but if you're going longer distance than that you simply are NOT going to do that with just a cloverleaf on the receiver... you have to add some sort of long range directional antenna like a helix, which of course you need to keep pointed at the Phantom. The only time I see any FPV imperfections is when I'm not pointed right so I adjust position accordingly.

another factor for you could be antenna location... depending on where your antenna lobe is you may have dead zones in certain orientations... feel free to post a pic so we can see what your setup looks like exactly but if any of your issues are antenna related, getting a better receiver antenna will go a long way.

QYV said:
interference-free FPV systems are not exactly rare as long as you use good components. mine is rock solid without a hint of interference, scrolling lines, or any of that stuff out to at least 1800m but my system destroys the kumbacam kit in terms of quality, especially the antennas I have the FPVLR Ultimate kit with a pentalobe on the transmitter and I only ever use the helix on the receiver.

Your kit should be able to do a couple hundred meters with no problem, but if you're going longer distance than that you simply are NOT going to do that with just a cloverleaf on the receiver... you have to add some sort of long range directional antenna like a helix, which of course you need to keep pointed at the Phantom. The only time I see any FPV imperfections is when I'm not pointed right so I adjust position accordingly.

another factor for you could be antenna location... depending on where your antenna lobe is you may have dead zones in certain orientations... feel free to post a pic so we can see what your setup looks like exactly but if any of your issues are antenna related, getting a better receiver antenna will go a long way.

good advice - thanks... I'll take a look at the kit you have.

It's not like it's terrible or anything - just noticed some of the things I mentioned occasionally. My wife bought be the system for Christmas - so if I need an upgrade or two - happy to look into that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.