How i can record the screen on a ipad mini 4?

Reaction score
How I can record the screen of my ipad while I'm flying my drone. Some application for that really works?

Sadly apple does not let anyone record the screen, the only way to do so is to plug the device in a mac

If you are looking for the ability to record what is be observed by you during a flight, some third party apps have a screen recorder built in, i.e., Litchi.

Beyond that, I agree with the postings above. The lack of being ably to run multiple applications at the same time limits iPad.

If you are looking for the ability to record what is be observed by you during a flight, some third party apps have a screen recorder built in, i.e., Litchi.

Beyond that, I agree with the postings above. The lack of being ably to run multiple applications at the same time limits iPad.

As a newbie, what is the general phantom pilots opinion of the Litchi software? In perusing the posts throughout this site, it seems it is an advantage, but also seems to introduce another variable when I read about crashes.

AirShou can be used to record the screen on Apple devices.

Vidyo can as well, but it is "sideloaded", so you are trusting the repository...

At present, Litchi has shut down a few features that have failed with a recent DJI firmware release, so it is not functioning at 100%. That said, the main attraction to Litchi is autonomous flight, and works rather well. It allows you to program flight from takeoff to landing. Missions as referred to by Litchi are accompanied by user defined points of interest for the cameras direction and action, i.e. Video or stills. You can even work with google earth and mission hub to create missions that follow the changing elevations.

All the safety modes, i.e. OA, are fully functional too, as are many functions of the DJI app

Here is a screenshot of some of Litchi's options.
7e425df2cce69ad90a9542e78627e47f.jpg

Litchi also supports FPV goggles.

If you haven't check it out, you should. Also look at autopilot. I haven't personally used it but many members like it too.

You can get a screen shot while flying. Push the on off button and round button on the front side of the screen at the same time.
Practise this before doing this while you are flying☠

Reactions: PhantomPhreak
That's why I never buy apple, you buy the device but you're not the owner.

I'm Apple all the way and glad I am. I see post after post from people having issues with their Android devices (App crashing). And I am so glad I went with the P4P and not the plus.

You can get a screen shot while flying. Push the on off button and round button on the front side of the screen at the same time.
Practise this before doing this while you are flying☠
Thanks for posting, learned something new and it works great. Took pics of all my settings for reference. After years of telling my wife the Apples were terrible and she telling me the Samsung's were junk I moved over to the dark side and got a Pro 9.7. For awhile I had a Samsung sticker from eBay on it to keep the peace in the house. So far it been perfect with no connection issues or video loss like I had with Android. Apple is pretty proud of their iPads though at more than twice the price of a comparable Android.

Thanks for posting, learned something new and it works great. Took pics of all my settings for reference. After years of telling my wife the Apples were terrible and she telling me the Samsung's were junk I moved over to the dark side and got a Pro 9.7. For awhile I had a Samsung sticker from eBay on it to keep the peace in the house. So far it been perfect with no connection issues or video loss like I had with Android. Apple is pretty proud of their iPads though at more than twice the price of a comparable Android.
Yeah, me too. I prefer Android for the flexibility, but when it comes to flying my DJI drones, I fly only with iOS. I tried two Android devices and worked with them for days, getting lots of good advice from this forum, however I had to ship them back. Out of frustration I tried my wife's iPad mini and to my surprise it worked perfect, no lag, no glitches. It just worked, so I went over to the dark side also. That was 2yrs ago, and I have two iPads, a Mini2 and Air 2. I've been thinking maybe the Android app is better now. However, based on reports from this forum it doesn't sound like anything has changed. I think iOS may work better because of the stability of having only one manufacturer and a limited number of architectures for tablets.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4