How high have you flown?

500m
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435561355.176410.jpg

Reactions: Ferimon and BGCCDX
How u go above 1600 FT? When I reach 1600 it says its reached the limit.

You can't within the DJI Pilot App. It's locked to 500m as maximum altitude. There's a 3rd party ultimate flight app for Android that may allow you to do no limit though have to confirm.

Reactions: rdm362
You can't within the DJI Pilot App. It's locked to 500m as maximum altitude. There's a 3rd party ultimate flight app for Android that may allow you to do no limit though have to confirm.
Not sure this works on all firmware, but on my old one, if I am in RTH state and throttle up, it will go far past the max allowable. Probably a bug in the firmware.

That one is right on the edge of Jasper National park - where the highway disappears is where the park gates are. Only a 15 minute drive for me. I was doing some radio path surveying for these cabins. View attachment 23146There is one member here that lives in Jasper.

What is radio path surveying? I've been asked to do wifi network strength mapping here but I'm not sure what the feasibility was.

Visually confirming a line of sight path for point to point links - ie. confirming if trees, hills or buildings are in the way. Digital terrain data is only as accurate as the time it's taken at. In our area terrain is constantly changing at coal mines, so terrain data is out of data quite often. And with logging operations, tree data can be skewed as well.

Seems to work best for me when I have them almost vertical which means they are parallel to the legs of the bird.

For flying straight up? Assuming your controller is laying flat, the antennas would point straight out, flats facing up. The majority of the RF radiation comes from the flat sides of the antennas. The flats should always be facing your Phantom when you are any real distance away. As in the manual, if they are pointed up when flying away from you, angle them out in a V shape - the slight polarity difference helps account for tilting and movement in the Phantoms antennas in its legs - there is 20-30 dB of isolation between horizontal and vertical polarity, so splitting the difference helps as the Phantom is always moving anyway.

Reactions: BGCCDX
Ha! I just read on the DJI forum where a guy posted that he saw another guy whom wrapped his phantom in tin foil and had a tin foil shirt on and went up to 7200 feet. He then did a CSC to allow it to desend rapidly and then did a restart while in free fall to bring it down quicker. You should read about it. Can you imagine that height?

Ha! I just read on the DJI forum where a guy posted that he saw another guy whom wrapped his phantom in tin foil and had a tin foil shirt on and went up to 7200 feet. He then did a CSC to allow it to desend rapidly and then did a restart while in free fall to bring it down quicker. You should read about it. Can you imagine that height?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23067-1-1.html

:DAt 60.000' it's too cold for P3 battery ...

Reactions: happydays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic