How high do you fly?

Just curious how high others have flown, what was your highest flight yet?

Here's a picture I took with my phantom at 1200 feet
ccdd5901566e28e524b1188e681724bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
1300 feet for me, and i have had my P4 for about 3 weeks

Shorn do you have the bird powered on and connected
To the Go app when you try to change it? You must be connected for the change to save

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last weekend as usual I go to the max 1641'.I was checking out a controlled burn in the forest.It is towards the end of my video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I went about 1200' out also.Had I think 12 sats and full signal.
Also I was over 7600' above sea level so technically I flew close to 10k'.:eek:

Last edited:
Just curious how high others have flown, what was your highest flight yet?

Here's a picture I took with my phantom at 1200 feet
ccdd5901566e28e524b1188e681724bf.jpg

I brought mine up all the way once. It was only for a couple seconds but I got some good pictures in.
da3b85b1f185a8376392d73902714160.jpg
ff7bb95c6450c7551363387b9f3e3b94.jpg

Reactions: Willk
About 1100 feet for me. Nerve racking also. But yeah was still well below the mountain range. So I wasn't concerned with planes or helicopters. I WOULD be scared if I saw one flyin where I was at. Cause that would mean they were going to be hitting the side of the mountain...

I've been slightly over 400 few times, plenty high for me thanks...looks like a little tiny dot at that height and where i fly is already 400 feet above sea level so shots get pretty nice views of long distances. Im a good15+ miles from center city Philadelphia but on a clear day I can easily see the downtown skyline at less than 400 above ground.

well today height 426 distance 12,040 feet

I brought mine up all the way once. It was only for a couple seconds but I got some good pictures in.
da3b85b1f185a8376392d73902714160.jpg
ff7bb95c6450c7551363387b9f3e3b94.jpg

Wow that photo is awesome where is it?

The highest my P3S ever been is 250 meters. Nerve-wracking as the aircraft is just a dot up there... and it's easy to lose visual of it if you look away even for just a second.

I've grown up since then and only fly high as needed. As it turned out, there's no talent involved in flying high. In a way, pilots' skills are measured with how well he/she can fly the drone safely, even at low altitude.

The highest my P3S ever been is 250 meters. Nerve-wracking as the aircraft is just a dot up there... and it's easy to lose visual of it if you look away even for just a second.

I've grown up since then and only fly high as needed. As it turned out, there's no talent involved in flying high. In a way, pilots' skills are measured with how well he/she can fly the drone safely, even at low altitude.
You've gotta learn to trust the drone. As long as I know where it is, I have faith in it. If the system fails, it's a drone replacement. Big deal. The P3S without rc and batteries is not that much money so I'd rather take the chance to get some great pictures. That's not to say it's good to do risky things intentionally, but don't let losing visual stop you from flying the drone up.

It may be unlikely for a Jetliner to be cruising at 400 ft. Big what about light aircraft, helicopters etc ?

66 Fury, I am a commercial pilot, and now a new owner of a P3S. I can tell you, there have been aircraft strikes with drones. One was on the news not that long ago. Did some major damage to the airplane. Luckily they were able to land safely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31