How high do you fly?

Reaction score
Just curious how high others have flown, what was your highest flight yet?

Here's a picture I took with my phantom at 1200 feet
ccdd5901566e28e524b1188e681724bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: p.mitchell
Just curious how high others have flown, what was your highest flight yet?

Here's a picture I took with my phantom at 1200 feet
ccdd5901566e28e524b1188e681724bf.jpg

this is why there is so many rules cause people don't fly safe

That question is taboo around here :). Everyone is different. Just be aware of your surroundings and remember you are sharing the air space. Also remember the FAA's "recommendation" of 400 ft max.
Fly safe

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The 400ft is a recommendation. You can legally fly up to 1200 ft you just have to pay attention to what is around your drone

this is why the rules will get tougher cause people like you that think flying that high isn't going to hurt anything as long as you are watching but planes fly fast my friend

Reactions: Pilot101 and 66Fury
The 400ft is a recommendation. You can legally fly up to 1200 ft you just have to pay attention to what is around your drone

Legally, yes...

Direct from FAA website -

Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
  • Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times

The replies make me chuckle. Everyone saying that you simply must stay under 400ft as per the guidelines yet every other post here is about how far their have flown their drone event though they the guidelines say 'keep within a visual line of sight'

It's not my place to tell anyone what to do about anything they want to do, it's your $$, your time, your life, do as YOU wish...on this matter, I equate to this -

Awhile back, on talk radio, the conversation revolved around students storming the court after a big or upset win in college basketball. One side says yes, let them storm the court, they are just kids and let them have their 10 minutes of celebration...and that is true, until one day, when those kids storm the court and 1 person says the wrong thing or bumps into 1 of those losing players and some 6'7'" player lays out some 5'6" med student. My guess there will be no more storming the court. As of now, there are no real confirmed reports of any UAV's causing an incident involving any aircraft. With the ever increasing popularity & affordability of UAV's, the number of drones in the air is increasing daily. It's a numbers game, t's just a matter of time before a confirmed UAV/aircraft incident happens. IF and when that does happen, and it does so outside the FAA recommendations, then we will see these recommendations turn into punishable regulations. Hell, they may change "the rules" if this happens within the FAA guidelines. I have saved this rant for future reference, it is my hope and wish I do not feel the need to bring it back. This is strictly my opinion, not based on any facts, YMMV, have fun, fly safe, Kel

Last edited:
I think it is people like You, that are going to ruin it for everyone else. I would Love to go higher than 400 ft. But imagine the consequences of a drone going into the Jet of an Airliner, doesn't bear thinking about.

Reactions: flpholt
Willk
Are you in the uk ?
I can only get mine to fly 120metres !

I think it is people like You, that are going to ruin it for everyone else. I would Love to go higher than 400 ft. But imagine the consequences of a drone going into the Jet of an Airliner, doesn't bear thinking about.

I am only talking about my particular circumstance on that day. So you think a jet is going to fly within 400 feet of the top of a ridge. Let me answer that for you.....no, absolutely not.

Reactions: shorni
The replies make me chuckle. Everyone saying that you simply must stay under 400ft as per the guidelines yet every other post here is about how far their have flown their drone event though they the guidelines say 'keep within a visual line of sight'

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I would have to fly the phantom up at least 30000 ft more for that

Reactions: Morro Man
Willk
Are you in the uk ?
I can only get mine to fly 120metres !

It's a setting in the app you have to change the max altitude

Recent Posts

Members online