How high do You fly often

Reaction score
Hello P3 users.

I have question,
How high do You fly with Your phantoms to cath some of panorama view?

I know it is depending on high building around.

But my own experience doesnt allow to go higher than 120 meters. At this altitude fear is coming to action :)

What is Yours experience?

I often fly at 40 meters. But sometimes I fly as high as 80 meters, knowing that batteries will be drained faster. Once in a while I fly at 120 meters due to the kind of shot I am willing to take.

Mostly at about 390ft. Or 117m. But I did take it to 500m or 1640ft a couple times to test it. Waiting for my pro to do same thing

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great! Have you achevied it on standard antennas? Recently i flew 500m from my "home point" and I got weak remote signal warrning. Remote was charged to full, and drone had around 80% of battery

Great! Have you achevied it on standard antennas? Recently i flew 500m from my "home point" and I got weak remote signal warrning. Remote was charged to full, and drone had around 80% of battery
Sounds like you are talking distance. As distance goes i went 2300m. Altitude I took it 100m out then straight up. No issue at all. All stock equipment. Standard.

Yes yes, my was about distance.
It's all about obstacles and interference. Trees. Buildings. People. This will kill your signal. So if that is case. Go high and aim in that direction. Then you will go far. I did it over water. No obstacles. Monday I'm hoping for at least 7k meters on my pro.
Weak signal. Not weak remote. Truly means obstacles.

I have flow upwards to the max about 1500 feet. I rather fly high than distance because at least you know where it is. The only problem is your on hyper alert for any aircraft noise. Had never seen any aircraft over where I flew but its not really worth taking the chance. When I got the audio message from the controller that Max height had been reached I came down straight away. You would be surprised how long it takes to come down. When you are that high your out of sight and sound of it. After what felt like ages I heard it first. Then eventually saw it. :)

I have flow upwards to the max about 1500 feet. I rather fly high than distance because at least you know where it is. The only problem is your on hyper alert for any aircraft noise. Had never seen any aircraft over where I flew but its not really worth taking the chance. When I got the audio message from the controller that Max height had been reached I came down straight away. You would be surprised how long it takes to come down. When you are that high your out of sight and sound of it. After what felt like ages I heard it first. Then eventually saw it. :)
You said it yourself. You would be surprised how long it takes to come down.
What are you going to do at 1500 feet when you hear a helicopter approaching? Depending on the surrounding terrain, most often you won't even know which direction it is coming from.

Thats why I flew straight up. It does not matter what direction the heli was coming from Id just bring it straight down. Even doing a cut and drop if I had to knowing the only thing underneath would have been me. The hills act as a wonderful sounding board. We can hear motors in the air from 10 miles away. Even so I get a little paranoid if I hear anything around and bring it back straight away regardless of height or distance.

One thing a lot of people do which I wouldn't is fly over cities and towns. Not judging or complaining but to me that's worse than flying straight up into empty skies.

I fly between 60-300 feet, depending on the subject. Too much higher just looks like google Earth.;)

I am seldom higher than 170-180 ft or 55 meters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers