How fast will battery voltage drop if Phantom is just idle

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how fast will the voltage drop on the battery be if the phantom is just turned on idle, my one drops, my one drops from 100% to 97% after a couple of mins.

10 Mins its at 94%

20Mins its at 92%

30 Mins its at 89%

Is that normal the battery is heating up by then

Never tried it yet i have spoken to DJI they say to fly it and see how long i get, 20 mins or near will be ok, and the other problem about it my be a fake battery, they said i would get a warning, even when i told them about an invalid message that briefly pops up, i have seen on forums that many see that, my apps are all up to date i was told, so perhaps i should take it for a flight.

I wish i could tether it just to make sure it wont fly away, thanks for the reply.

Fly it close to you and if if you get 20 mins, you might be fine. Is the message 'inconsistent firmware' by any chance meaning it is probably genuine and needs to be updated via the app.

App Ver 3.1.4

Aircraft 1.10.90

Remote 1.80

DJI support said i was ok with those

If the battery needs updating to the right version then pop it in the quad and put the firmware upgrade file onto the root of the SD card and turn the quad on, the battery firmware will be upgraded.

Can someone tell me how fast will the voltage drop on the battery be if the phantom is just turned on idle, my one drops, my one drops from 100% to 97% after a couple of mins.

10 Mins its at 94%

20Mins its at 92%

30 Mins its at 89%

Is that normal the battery is heating up by then

Don't worry, all seems to be ok. Go to an open field and fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Numone
If we look at your numbers, 11% depletion in 30mins reveals that the idle power consumption of the drone is 15w. This seems teasonable, I wouldn't suspect the battery or the AC to have an issue.

Reactions: Numone
Hi. Did you buy the P3 new? If so it won't be an aftermarket battery. If not, post a pic and many on here will tell you. Have you flown a Radio controlled AC or drone before? If not, have you checked-out the DJI Tutorial videos on You Tube? If not, please do so. And read the manual. It's not at all comprehensive but it gives you some basic facts and "dos and don'ts". Oh yes... then watch the videos again! Whilst you're idling the motors, use the simulator on the App too; I found it really useful. Once you're set, go to a completely open area keep the Beginners Mode set on the app, take off and learn how the AC operates. Don't rush, but take your time. I'm certain that many "fly always" are caused by inexperience, and pilots getting totally disoriented. Don't be one of those and you'll have hours of safe flying ahead.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj