How fast can She go!

Reaction score
How fast does the Phantom fly guys? I can only get 10m/s Is there a way of going faster and would it take a lot more battery?

my fastest is 43.30mph (19.4m/s), you'll need to fly in atti to get more angle/speed out of it

wow 43 does drink a lot more juice? I've seen in the Ground Station app you can set 25 m/s! Has anybody tried this?

Turbazz said:
wow 43 does drink a lot more juice?
No ... the Phantom doesn't go faster by revving harder - that just makes it climb faster.
It goes faster by pitching more to change the angle between the front props and the back ones.

Meta4 said:
Turbazz said:
No ... the Phantom doesn't go faster by revving harder - that just makes it climb faster.
It goes faster by pitching more to change the angle between the front props and the back ones.

How do you make it pitch harder :?: in atti mode? And simply push forward!

Turbazz said:
Meta4 said:
Turbazz said:

How do you make it pitch harder :?: in atti mode? And simply push forward!

Yes, it's a big difference.

With firmware 1.8 you get a lot more forward pitch and speed in GPS and even more in Atti. Max pitch has been limited by DJI since then (for GPS and Atti).

Can you tweak settings for the pitch in the software? For greater speed

tcope said:
I'm pretty sure there is an entire page in the Assistant software that allows pitch to be changed.

Unfortunately the 'max angle' of the Phantom P2 utilizing a 'Phantom' labeled Naza cannot be adjusted by the user at this time.

Likewise there is no adjustment elsewhere such as 'gains' or other parameters.

Is it correct that the "Pitch" gain setting only affects how quick the quad reacts to stick input? Is there a better way of explaining the function and purpose of all the gain settings? Also I wonder what terminal velocity is for a free falling P2.

ussvertigo said:
Also I wonder what terminal velocity is for a free falling P2.
The famous 6000 feet idiot gave us the answer for that question.
Terminal velocity gets up to around 38 mph at most but it's not steady.
It wobbles around between 32-38 mph depending on which way it is falling.

rmhome said:
It was a bit windy today so I managed 52mph which is my best yet! flying in ATTI mode ofcourse. Had it less than a week and I'm hooked!

That's awesome mate is it cold up north?? What have you got on your Phantom and have you just flick to atti? Anything else

Turbazz said:
rmhome said:
It was a bit windy today so I managed 52mph which is my best yet! flying in ATTI mode ofcourse. Had it less than a week and I'm hooked!

That's awesome mate is it cold up north?? What have you got on your Phantom and have you just flick to atti? Anything else

Yeah, pretty chilly and windy - Had snow last night so not really had a chance to get the Phantom out as much as I would like!

It's a Vision + with nothing extra added to the unit so all stock and only in ATTI mode! Little video of the speeding :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tU8xFUmHQU

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20