How far is the farthest you have gone on Ground Station?

Reaction score
OR in general with your stock set up? Using iLovecoffees limit free app I have been to 3200 feet. Lost video feed at 2200 or so. I would like to take it out farther but am leary. Just curious how ballsy (or dumb) some of us are.

About 400m (~1200ft)...
I'm loathed to trust it out of LOS, especially where things between me and it may create interference, or operator mistake threatens loss.
I once accidentally moved S1 while in GS mode. It kicked out of GS mode and drifted away with the wind. With LOS I saw it and retook control.
Also, the law here is to fly only within LOS. :/

I lost control signal and video feed at the same time at 1600ft while in Ground Station mode. I set my S1 switch to Failsafe to initiate what I thought would be RTH and waited. The video feed came back about a minute later and showed the Phantom was still on its mission which it completed as it was programmed to do. To actually have gone to Failsafe from what I can figure out I would have to toggle the S1 from Gps to ATTI back to Gps to cancel GS mode - then select S1 to Failsafe. The question I have is if I truly had lost control signal then it wouldn't matter what I did with the S1 switch -but would it initiate RTH or stay on the G/S mission?

As I understand it, it stays on mission until told to do different.

As for the S1 switch, if it's able to receive signal from your RC, then any movement of the S1 switch may take it out of GS mode.

It happened to me while the Phantom was about 100ft away. I accidentally bumped the S1 switch, half way through its mission. It discontinued the mission and went into Atti mode, floating away with the breeze. It then traveled about 200ft away before I realized what was happening and retook control.

Try it. During a mission, flick the switch once, not both ways. Tell us what happens. I would do it, but my Phantom is in China being fixed.

I have lost control signal and video feed several times in GS. Phantom still keeps going and following waypoints. You will eventually get signal back when it's back in range. Ground Station is no doubt the safest way to fly. Especially long range. I ALWAYS check home lock before ANY flight.

Not sure I would like going long that way ccase !! I love to fly long but I must be in total control and see just where I'm at when doing it !

Tried it today. While in a G/S mission if the S1 switch is put to Failsafe and it has control signal the Phantom will RTH. However, when I turned off my transmitter under the same circumstances during a G/S mission it completed the mission. I only turned the transmitter on to take control when it was overhead

So should I stop doing this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic