How far have you flown your Phantom ?

It stops you at 400 feet. You need to click a waiver to go higher but I believe you get stopped again at 500 feet.
From what I've read, and I could be wrong, they used to have a trick around the 500 foot limit but have fixed it in newer firmware updates.

Reactions: Surrealplaces
Man, i really envy you guys that's able to fly the Phantom with views like i'd seen on YouTube. Unfortunately for me living in So Cal....too many houses and power lines. And if i take it to the park, i might get jacked for my toy. So all i can do is to fly around my backyard or front lawn with an altitude of below my tree :) That's why i'm still on the fence if i should even need to register my aircraft with the FAA.
......and oh yeah, furthest i'd flown is 50 ft :)

It stops you at 400 feet. You need to click a waiver to go higher but I believe you get stopped again at 500 feet.
From what I've read, and I could be wrong, they used to have a trick around the 500 foot limit but have fixed it in newer firmware updates.

500 Metres.

So if i disable the 400 foot limit I can go up to 500 meters? NICE lol
I've seen YouTube video of people flying very high but assumed DJI "fixed" that

Thanx

You can also take the Life of your Next door neighbor but that is against the Law, Just like flying your drone up to 500m without the proper authority. LOL Bit of a Dark Analogy but you get what I'm sayin!!
I'm not sure about your laws but here in Australia is you fly above 120m you are required to have a Permit to do so as Above 120 and below 500 is the Airspace for Light Propped Aircraft.
That being said, I have been out on the Model Aircraft Field where I had permission to do so and the Highest I could get was 346 out of My P3Pro and only 220 or so from my Standard. So the Software may be there to actually achieve the height but the strength for the signal is a different thing.

17,663ft, with itelite antenna on P3P..First time going that far...Soo nerve wrecking..Also forgot to have the SD card in the P3P to record it. Turned around when it said it needed to have enough power to get home.
Screenshot_2016-07-19-20-42-34.png

I agree.

I don't get it when people get all worked up over "haven't you searched?"

First, how far have you flown is a totally different question than "leaderboard."

Secondly, if you go and find an old post and then ask a question or try to continue the thread you get scolded, "Hey stupid, don't you know this post is 2 months old? No one is going to respond."

So either way you lose. Live and let live. No one is forcing you to read a post.
I totally agree about this post and the last one. sometimes interacting with other members is better then reading old news. Far too often people get scolded for replying to a old thread especially years old.

I totally agree about this post and the last one. sometimes interacting with other members is better then reading old news. Far too often people get scolded for replying to a old thread especially years old.

Hey; didn't someone post last month about not posting something that was posted before?
Stupid.... Maybe I don't want to search. Most often though, pre posted inquiries don't match exactly what I am about to post.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here is my thought. The majority of questions asked on forums have been asked in one way or another. Forums would die and nothing would get posted if everyone just searched and never posted new topics.

Got my personal best this evening. 13,202ft
79b9c5c2f74e5ba78c57dd099da95977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm assuming these incredible distances you guys are getting is over water or flat land? I ask because tonight I flew, should say attempted a Lichi mission of 9 minutes. I fly this 650 acre flat, bare field, but turn around & your facing a 900 acre forest of 10-20 mtr., trees. Plan was to fly out to middle of flat field, rise to 35 meters, turn & head across the forest to the parking lot in center of forest circle it & fly back to home position. I got into the forest for 30 seconds & got the Warning- signal lost message. Assuming this is the tress abstructing signal? So, I let her go for a few seconds as I;ve read Litchi will fly the mission even with lost signal, but, then got a - Warning mission did not load message!
At this point I flipped to P mode & hit the RTH, which she did perfectly, Now, if I hadn't got the "Did not load message", -should I have let her fly this mission?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the drone world, but have been looking to buy for some time now. I am hoping you guys can confirm something for me. Simply put, can the P3 or the P4 fly over 400m? It looks like some people here have done that, but when I read about the specs, it keeps mentioning a limit of 400ft.

The reason I ask is that I am looking to use the drone to take construction photos of highrise buildings. Some of the buildings will be over 400 feet, possible as high as 800 feet.

Thanks in advance.

Just thought I'd respond to my question now that I have the Drone. I've been able to go as far as 1.2km distance (horizontally) flying over a flat area.. The limitation was that it got weak controller signal and lost signal, coming back via RTH.

I have to say, I'm very happy with the Drone, but do sometimes wish I had purchased the Advanced so as to have the Lightbridge signalling, but other than that, the Standard has been very good.

Reactions: monkeychops

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1