How far have you flown your Phantom ?

What it really is, somepeople just love to

Dont accept the new update firmware or range gets greatly reduced!
Really as I know it updated once already after first setting up and screen says latest firmware and no problems yet ?

Just hit 14,700 and turned around with my p3p (no mods ).. Just did the update Friday night.. Once I hit 11,000 had to bring her up to 600ft cause the image was getting choppy.. I'll try for 16 - 17 later[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know how much further I could of flown, signal was good but the battery was the limiting factor, if I was to guess I'd probably say 13 or 14000ft

When I came back from my run I had about 40% I think I can a couple more thousand

Made it out to 10,881 Feet (3,317 Meters) on my Phantom 3 Standard using a a cheap Windsurfer I bought on EBay before RTH function kicked in . Had a bit of a scare though. Once I lost signal I assumed that I'd regain signal once the drone came back into range. This has happened in the past. Waited for minutes without any signal. I forced the RTH function after approx 5 minutes just in case the drone was hung or getting partial signal. I didn't get a signal until the drone was within visual range. Baring an unusual event, e.g. bird strike, loss of propeller, flying into a tall building, that RTH function is pretty sweet.

Prior to Windsurfer I did 5433 Feet (1653 Meters) with my stock antenna.

Image12_8_33.png

Well I did it, 16000+!! No mods, no nothing just a tail wind on the way back that I think helped me out... I can say that I don't think that I'll do that again anytime soon, nearly s$&t myself[emoji15]!!
4bd5d37049aa3fcf60c2fe6937bd4c9d.jpg

Reactions: Wibble
Ohh just if anyone is wondering or pissed off that I was 625ft, I'm low in the valley I had to go up to stay connected but when I turned around it looked like I was only about 250ft from the ground level

4000ft totally stock out the box P3A with B controller, with £5.99 copper windsurfers I managed 10300ft with no hint of signal loss, when it did it was my fault as I mistakenly turned away to free up my hands to take a screen grab and it instantly initiated RTH

View attachment 59969 View attachment 59970

Where did you buy the windsurfers? Is the quality any good?

From amazon, twas the mudder twin pack parabolic antenna, 3D printed, my Bro tells me it's the powder type 3D printer not the other??? I ain't got a clue! Quality is spot on, IMO you will need an antenna spacer to keep the antennas from flopping over to the side due to the extra weight, they are light but just a bit too heavy for the antennas to cope

From amazon, twas the mudder twin pack parabolic antenna, 3D printed, my Bro tells me it's the powder type 3D printer not the other??? I ain't got a clue! Quality is spot on, IMO you will need an antenna spacer to keep the antennas from flopping over to the side due to the extra weight, they are light but just a bit too heavy for the antennas to cope

Do they sell the spacer as well?

Well I did it, 16000+!! No mods, no nothing just a tail wind on the way back that I think helped me out... I can say that I don't think that I'll do that again anytime soon, nearly s$&t myself[emoji15]!!
4bd5d37049aa3fcf60c2fe6937bd4c9d.jpg

I hear ya! When I couldn't get any signal after close to five minutes, I started thinking I took a bird strike. My video went to **** before I lost my data connection so I was flying blind for a bit. I think I'll keep it closer to home from now on. Is your model a PS3 Professional?

Last edited:
9085 ft one way (1.72m/2.77km) before I lost signal and RTH was initiated. Was at 390ft. I had some issues with wind drift which meant I wasn't pointed directly at the A/C which helped lose the signal. Totally stock.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the drone world, but have been looking to buy for some time now. I am hoping you guys can confirm something for me. Simply put, can the P3 or the P4 fly over 400m? It looks like some people here have done that, but when I read about the specs, it keeps mentioning a limit of 400ft.

The reason I ask is that I am looking to use the drone to take construction photos of highrise buildings. Some of the buildings will be over 400 feet, possible as high as 800 feet.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the drone world, but have been looking to buy for some time now. I am hoping you guys can confirm something for me. Simply put, can the P3 or the P4 fly over 400m? It looks like some people here have done that, but when I read about the specs, it keeps mentioning a limit of 400ft.

The reason I ask is that I am looking to use the drone to take construction photos of highrise buildings. Some of the buildings will be over 400 feet, possible as high as 800 feet.

Thanks in advance.

Yep, you can go over 400 feet. That limit is an FAA stated limit.

Reactions: Surrealplaces

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers