Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How Far Down Do You Use Your Batts?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Duke, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Duke

How far down do you still use your Batt's % Percentage of Life % wise until you quit using them?

Thanks ~Duke

2. jason

Normally down to 14% and they auto land in front of me. First warning limit is set for 20% and it only takes a couple of minutes before it lands.

3. lsnook

Anything less than 90% can cause auto land when least expected. Hold the battery button for until it blinks, then if one LED is blinking, time to replace battery. There is a youtube video about this.

4. Duke

Okay, DVD DVR WTF? :p I'm Sorry didn't spit it out right and clarify my question.. In the assistant in advance setting then battery tab it gives data about the battery and has a percentage of life of the battery left. How low can that be until the battery is no longer any good? :rolleyes:

Thnaks guys ;) ~Duke

5. lsnook

As I said before, less than 90% battery life, charge amount is a different thing (I try not to fly mine with less than 40%).

Duke likes this.
  6. Duke

Ok sorry, the first time I didn't watch the Video, which was right on what I wanted to know!
    Thanks ~Duke

7. santitimerman

Hi, i use the baterías with 2 leds on and 1 blinking to calibrate and to just a short fly to see if evrething is ok. After that i change to a full life batery.
    Sorry for mi english.

8. santitimerman

I mean 2 leds on and one blinking when i check the life of it

9. Bluegrass

When you say replace, I assume you mean replace in the bird and recharge the battery you replace?

10. Bluegrass

Sorry. I hadn't watched the video. I understand now. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation about batteries in your video. I learned a lot. I'm going to check the 4 batteries that I have and see how they are after about a year and a half. You mentioned static discharge. How do you static discharge your batteries. I was just thinking of powering on my Phantom 2 and just letting it sit until it powers off.

11. lsnook

No, don't use it again for critical flights, over water or anyplace where you can't retrieve it. If the life is less than 90%, the phantom may try to auto-land when you least expect it to.