HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 9.80 Miles ???

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 7.1Miles ?

Not a record but not bad for my first try.

Attachments

• 7.1 Miles.png
    7.1 Miles.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 398
Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 7.1Miles ?

WyattEarp said:
Not a record but not bad for my first try.

Not a bad run at all man. Congrats and welcome to the club. I'm sure you can stretch more out of her. Was your battery fully charged and what percent did you land at?

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 8.49 Miles

I chickened out when it asked me if I wanted to RTH on the low battery warning - I had a good 10-15% left.

DBS said:
WE HAVE A TOP FIVE!!!

Leaderboard has been updated gentlemen...

Screenshot_2014-09-27-18-17-31_zpshnirxp0w.png

Can'tbelieve I'm in 3rd already... somebody's GOIN DOWN !!! :twisted:

What about mine?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411867577492.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411867577492.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 353

brorex said:
What about mine?

**** ... sorry bout that bro ... didn't even notice it cuzz you only posted that little link... :?

UPDATE IS EDITED IN... NEW LEADERBOARD AT 6 ENTRIES

Starting to get more interesting now...

Screenshot_2014-09-27-21-39-39_zpshc3rm2u6.png

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 7.5 Miles

Second Attempt - a little better!

Attachments

• 7.5.PNG
    7.5.PNG
    139 KB · Views: 368

DBS said:
AND BROREX GETS BUMPED!!!

WYATT TAKES A STEP UP THE LADDER :twisted:

Screenshot_2014-09-28-19-14-17_zpsdnefyhrl.png

Ohhh **** rain. I'll fly another day!!

brorex said:
Ohhh **** rain. I'll fly another day!!

Still plenty of time bro... The official start date for this informal "competition" Is still a couple days away.

Having the same problems with the weather here :evil:

I wanted to double check and see if we are all measuring consistently. I found out my flight had 8.5 miles on the flytrex site but when I exported the data and put it in Google Earth it game me 8.49 miles. Sounds fair with the rounding. Now when I export the data from flytrex and use that same data with Dashware it shows me a distance traveled of about 45023 feet. That would be 8.53 miles. They are all about the same but why would there be a difference with the same data? Any thoughts. It also looks like I had 20 minutes and 20 seconds of actual flight time. The video is processing, I will post later.

Wheat said:
I wanted to double check and see if we are all measuring consistently. I found out my flight had 8.5 miles on the flytrex site but when I exported the data and put it in Google Earth it game me 8.49 miles. Sounds fair with the rounding. Now when I export the data from flytrex and use that same data with Dashware it shows me a distance traveled of about 45023 feet. That would be 8.53 miles. They are all about the same but why would there be a difference with the same data? Any thoughts. It also looks like I had 20 minutes and 20 seconds of actual flight time. The video is processing, I will post later.

Hi Wheat :)

Technically Flytrex Max-Distance requires a complete round-trip. We've had long discussions about this with pilots a while back and eventually concluded that this behavior defines best the goal of distance-flying with RC quads/planes. This means that if you flew in one direction but only returned part of the way, the max distance result you'll see with Flytrex will be shorter.

If you landed about 10 or 20 feet before the take off point this might explain the small difference. If you'd like, post here a link to the actual mission and I'll try reviewing it as well.

Since our Flytrex ranking are designed for challenges, round trip is much more challenging than a one-side flight. :)

We have been using google earth since everyone can have free access to it. That way more people can get in on the fun. Can't wait to slap a flute ex on this thing once all my other hobbies stop demanding money :)

SHOOTOUT STARTS IN 3 HOURS 5 MINUTES EASTERN STANDARD TIME U.S.

We will decide an end date based on activity...
if people keep joining in we'll let it run into November
if people have a hard time making runs due to weather we'll let it run into November

if it looks like we got it all in and it slows down we'll end it last day of October...

Sound good?

GOOD LUCK FELLAS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1