HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 9.80 Miles ???

Re: How far can YOU fly ? ............. 8.29 Miles ???

Dirty Bird said:
Stile2112 said:
Got my 600ft ascend badge on my second battery. Coming down from that distance takes a bit of time, so I just flew around working on my turns for next Saturdays run :D

If you ever need to bleed altitude in a hurry...say you pushed the battery pretty hard and you are far out at high altitude...just switch to ATTI mode and shove the stick all the way forward. With full forward stick the Phantom will haul ***, bleeding altitude along the way. Be sure to keep a close eye on your altimeter as you can run her into the ground this way. To maintain altitude, ease back on the forward stick, or apply a bit of throttle.

Great information!

Unless I'm in BFE, I don't think I'll go that high again though. I'm usually well below 200 ft in my normal "flying around" mode.

Of course I'm going to have to try it now :D

Dirty Bird said:
Stile2112 said:
Got my 600ft ascend badge on my second battery. Coming down from that distance takes a bit of time, so I just flew around working on my turns for next Saturdays run :D

If you ever need to bleed altitude in a hurry...say you pushed the battery pretty hard and you are far out at high altitude...just switch to ATTI mode and shove the stick all the way forward. With full forward stick the Phantom will haul ***, bleeding altitude along the way. Be sure to keep a close eye on your altimeter as you can run her into the ground this way. To maintain altitude, ease back on the forward stick, or apply a bit of throttle.

DirtyBird, you gonna join the fun? The more the merrier.

Jayson Hanes said:
I like to switch to manual mode and leave the throttle alone.. then I switch to GPS mode before falling under 200 feet... it has worked every time for me with no problems. However, I have not tried it from higher than 600 feet altitude yet -- I'm not sure if it reaches terminal velocity in 400 feet or not.. all I can tell you is it works and it is nerve wracking -- pay very close to altitude, you likely only have one shot to re-gain control :)

Now that I have a flytrex live, it could make for some interesting logs! I hope to try a distance flight this week.

Jayson, good luck on your run :) I'm glad to see more people getting in on the action. I do have to ask. When you say switching to manual...do you mean actual manual mode or Atti mode? Just wanting to make sure I am understanding correctly.

lsteigerwalt said:
Jayson, good luck on your run :) I'm glad to see more people getting in on the action. I do have to ask. When you say switching to manual...do you mean actual manual mode or Atti mode? Just wanting to make sure I am understanding correctly.

I mean right switch all the way down manual.. like drop like a rock unless you correct throttle manual, lol, and, if you forget you are in manual, pushing forward means you're going to do a flip :)

I switch into ATTI mode to fly faster.

I'm actually afraid of these distances as competition. I flew only 4 miles last night, but it took 18 minutes.. and I'm actually have really good results with my Flytrex LIVE..
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... nes-73671/

..but I was doing speed and distance runs and nothing consistent. I'm finding that my original 2 batteries are on their way out and giving me under 14 minutes more and more consistently (they are also looking a bit puffyish)

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 8.29 Miles

I was thinking that we could all use google earth kmls to upload our info and keep things consistant. I finally got the flight logger info pulling up correctly in google earth and my 2nd run clocks in at 8.32 miles under google earth. If we all use google earth we can screen shot it and show the path and the data that is associated with it. Not all of us can spend the money on flytrex and dashware at the moment, but google earth is free. I will upload the path and data once I get home later this evening.

Jayson try flying different patterns/lengths to try and get more consistency and length out of your runs...I noticed short track mentality does not equal longer overall length...raining here so no testing some new theories till later in the week...I think I can squeeze 9 miles out of this thing. :)

We need some more people flying...get out there and post your results...

DBS said:
Flytrex live? I'm hearing a lot of those stories :?

Yup Flytrex Live. :(

I just wish they would release the Live's Mission Uploader so at least I could get my flight data and upload it manually.

lsteigerwalt said:
I was thinking that we could all use google earth kmls to upload our info and keep things consistant. I finally got the flight logger info pulling up correctly in google earth and my 2nd run clocks in at 8.32 miles under google earth. If we all use google earth we can screen shot it and show the path and the data that is associated with it. Not all of us can spend the money on flytrex and dashware at the moment, but google earth is free. I will upload the path and data once I get home later this evening.

Jayson try flying different patterns/lengths to try and get more consistency and length out of your runs...I noticed short track mentality does not equal longer overall length...raining here so no testing some new theories till later in the week...I think I can squeeze 9 miles out of this thing. :)

We need some more people flying...get out there and post your results...

Let's all keep this in mind as a good way to standardize results as we get down to the nitty gritty towards the end... and remember i'm thinking we should keep this going for over a month to gain pilots and take time to give eachother chances for good runs so don't rush to max out if the weather isn't cooperating ... we still got time :ugeek:

Here is the data from the last run with attached google earth pic and kml. Would someone mind opening it on your pc to check and make sure it shows the same plz so we will know. In google earth it shows 8.36 miles. Off to do more research on battery efficiency and flight characteristics :)

836Miles.jpg

Attachments

• vpu2014.09.20.11.14.36 (1).zip
    113.3 KB · Views: 196

I'm in never really tried to just see how much total distance always went for speed and distance away this could be fun

lsteigerwalt said:
Good run brorex! I like the way flytrex shows the data. I may need to ask Santa for one of those...

Thanks I also logged with the app. But not sure how you guys are getting the data off the app.

Gotta install es file explorer. Its free then choose the vision utility folder and share the kml file to google drive. Log into google drive and dowenloasd to PC/laptop. Open kml file in google earth and right click on the middle file of the three that open. Choose show elevation and all the data pops up. Then its a simple matter of screenshots and posting them on here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj