HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 9.80 Miles ???

Re: How far can YOU fly ? ............. 7.77 Miles ???

dashware.jpg

Well I cant figure out the logger stuff all the way yet. Forgot to record video so I used a movie file to show the info...says I traveled 38724 which is 7.33 miles...I think next time I will fly in atti mode to get some more speed out of her. By the way, has anyone found a free alternative to dashware?

7.33 miles !!! That's nothing to sneeze at right there... :ugeek:

I will start to put the list together this weekend in the Original Post on page one and include your flight :D

I don't know of any free alternative to Dashware... i remember somebody here posted another program that can be used... but i remember the general feeling about the program was that it sucked and it wasn't free... can't remember the name of it either :?

I'm gonna go- out tomorrow and try and do a longer one as well... but i'm gonna try and stay out of ATTI mode... to much worrying about altitude in that mode... i'd rather just peg the right stick hard forward and concentrate on smooth turns/wide turns to keep my speed up.

DBS I underestimated the run a little. Have attached the google earth pic to verify...7.39 miles and was able to fly for 19m and 11s. Still doesnt beat your but I like the google view better. As you can see I used a track around a football field for my run. No need for dashware for this competition :) Great idea DBS.
739milerun.jpg

Had a spare moment to do a little flying today. Bad winds one way but helped push the bird the other. For some reason flight logger isnt displaying alt correctly today in google earth so I am attaching dashware and the path from google...only had time to try once, flew everything in gps mode...managed to squeeze out 8.286 miles...so lets call that 8.29 miles :)
43753path.jpg

One quick question. I was thinking it would be cool to have different altitude levels (provided flight logger does it correctly that time) below 200, below 100, below 50, etc for those people who dont mind buzzing the deck. For example my flight above was mostly under 100 but I did hit 111ft once to clear a tree so would be in the below 200 category. Just saying its one thing to fly at 200+ ft zooming around and a whole different ball game to be screaming below 50ft.

Re: How far can YOU fly ? ............. 8.29 Miles ???

**** that was a solid run bro!!! Now we got something to shoot for... keep it comin :twisted:

lsteigerwalt said:
One quick question. I was thinking it would be cool to have different altitude levels (provided flight logger does it correctly that time) below 200, below 100, below 50, etc for those people who dont mind buzzing the deck. For example my flight above was mostly under 100 but I did hit 111ft once to clear a tree so would be in the below 200 category. Just saying its one thing to fly at 200+ ft zooming around and a whole different ball game to be screaming below 50ft.

I'll keep this in mind if the posts start getting up in numbers... but if it stays kinda mellow like this then we'll just leave it as is for consolidated results :ugeek:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
LEADERBOARD STATS ARE UP IN THE ORIGINAL POST... LET'S GET IT ON !!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nice run Stile2112. I may just need to break down and get a flytrex...hate to spend money if I dont need to...hoping that the flight logger gets tweaked and working correctly. Welcome to the competition.

I'm back again with possibly another dum question, do I need other software, in order to log what I have done for this comp and just for data logging per se or will the ground station software suffice?

Thanks Guys.

You can use flytrex core or you can download flight logger for android devices app name is vision+ utility pro to log your data. We aren't using ground station to fly. All on the sticks. Let me know if ya need any help. No other way to log data that I know of.

lsteigerwalt said:
Nice run Stile2112. I may just need to break down and get a flytrex...hate to spend money if I dont need to...hoping that the flight logger gets tweaked and working correctly. Welcome to the competition.

Thanks Isteigerwalt :)

I wasted time in the beginning trying to get my 400ft ascend and 2K distance badge. When I finally lifted off the ground, I only had 89% showing on my battery. Had some RC helicopter flyers just to the North East of me and this kept me to a smaller flight area. **** thing went rouge on me at 17% as I was flying in... just switched to ATTI mode then back up to GPS and brought her in for a hand catch. On the plus side, I got my 35mph speed badge on this run as well.

Got my 600ft ascend badge on my second battery. Coming down from that distance takes a bit of time, so I just flew around working on my turns for next Saturdays run :D

Stile2112 said:
Got my 600ft ascend badge on my second battery. Coming down from that distance takes a bit of time, so I just flew around working on my turns for next Saturdays run :D

If you ever need to bleed altitude in a hurry...say you pushed the battery pretty hard and you are far out at high altitude...just switch to ATTI mode and shove the stick all the way forward. With full forward stick the Phantom will haul ***, bleeding altitude along the way. Be sure to keep a close eye on your altimeter as you can run her into the ground this way. To maintain altitude, ease back on the forward stick, or apply a bit of throttle.

I like to switch to manual mode and leave the throttle alone.. then I switch to GPS mode before falling under 200 feet... it has worked every time for me with no problems. However, I have not tried it from higher than 600 feet altitude yet -- I'm not sure if it reaches terminal velocity in 400 feet or not.. all I can tell you is it works and it is nerve wracking -- pay very close to altitude, you likely only have one shot to re-gain control :)

Now that I have a flytrex live, it could make for some interesting logs! I hope to try a distance flight this week.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj