HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 9.80 Miles ???

Re: How far can YOU fly.... 7.77 Miles ???

Jayson Hanes said:
yup yup, I'm on board. Cannot tonight due to rain.. and tomorrow Obama will be in town.. somehow the two are related.

This is gonna drag out for awhile so don't kill yourself trying to get something quick... just sayin

This should go on long enough for everybody to have multiple chances to post and then beat eachothers results... give eachother marks to shoot for and then beat them as we go along...

Unless some crazy nut gets a freaky long distance right out the gate that none of us can deal with... :| ... that would suck :evil:

DBS said:
Jayson Hanes said:
yup yup, I'm on board. Cannot tonight due to rain.. and tomorrow Obama will be in town.. somehow the two are related.

This is gonna drag out for awhile so don't kill yourself trying to get something quick... just sayin

This should go on long enough for everybody to have multiple chances to post and then beat eachothers results... give eachother marks to shoot for and then beat them as we go along...

Unless some crazy nut gets a freaky long distance right out the gate that none of us can deal with... :| ... that would suck :evil:

Well...one thing we know for sure...all those sharp turns used up a lot of amperage, so that 7.7 mile benchmark should fall pretty quickly.... :mrgreen:

mede8er said:
Well...one thing we know for sure...all those sharp turns used up a lot of amperage, so that 7.7 mile benchmark should fall pretty quickly.... :mrgreen:

Used up some mAh's and slowed the Phantom down... double whammy right there... :ugeek:

I don't imagine that number will last very long at all... i'm already set to try and go out and beat it ... probly saturday morning if the weather comes around by then :D

I'll probably go out Saturday, weather permitting, to test some of my top secret crypto stuff, but not at 0'dark-thirty..... :mrgreen:

DBS said:
flyNfrank said:
I think I can fly 40 miles in 20 minutes.........by hovering in the back of my Tahoe while driving 80mph down the highway. :)

Cheating :|

definitely cheating...

First he will need to speed up! That would need to be 120mph!!

LOL

DBS said:
MATH PEOPLE!!!!

Chuck this kind of stuff is just too serious. I told you Math was the toughest 4 years of my life.

I've been a GA pilot for 20 years so I got some ideas of what conditions make for efficient flight. Sounds like fun...

Just sayin...

I read " PRO DATA LOGGER " earlier in the thread, but I don't know what this is or how to get this data to show on my video from the V+ as proof of flight distance, point me in the right direction to study, I struggle like crazy with the right search terms.

RIDETOEAT said:
I've been a GA pilot for 20 years so I got some ideas of what conditions make for efficient flight. Sounds like fun...

There will be some serious rule bending as there always is.

I have sponsored many a competition at work for employees and I would strongly advise the prize be limited to annual bragging rights only. It slows down the competitiveness that drives some to justify little cheats and also the heart ache if somebody feels they were unfairly beat out of some kind of monetary prize. I have too many times give away something and had 1 person happy and the majority pee owed by trying to do a good thing. Been there done that too many times... Just sayin...

Well sure... If you have THAT kind of attitude about it then yeah... :|

But not here...

This is gonna be fun ... we are gonna have a good time... and EVERYBODY'S GONNA GET ALONG OR I'M TURNING THIS CAR AROUND RIGHT NOW AND NOBODY'S GOING TO DISNEY WORLD :evil: :!: :!: :!: :!:

that speech sounded better in 1977 when my mom did it in the old Dodge Coronet 440

I thought it was gonna be a quote from one of the vacation movies :)

I'll go back and edit, it out.......

RIDETOEAT said:
I read " PRO DATA LOGGER " earlier in the thread, but I don't know what this is or how to get this data to show on my video from the V+ as proff of flight distance, point me in the right direction to study, I struggle like crazy with the right search terms.

Vision + Utility Pro for android in the Playstore...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taco_rc.visionplusutilitypro

Anybody got an iPad/iPhone/iSuck App store link for this app?

the above remark that seems to rip at iDevice users is purely fictional... they don't suck... it's just a joke... nothing to see here... I've got nothing against any other operating system but I'm an android fan who likes to poke fun here and there

I got an iphone, didn't see anything there like that in our app store, that explains it. Are the android apps available for the inexpensive tablets like they are phones ?? so I can play... I don't know anything about them but have been thinking I might try one for a bigger screen for fpv.

lsteigerwalt said:
I'm in I like the idea of being able to compete in a little friendly competition.

Welcome aboard sir... good luck to you :ugeek:

To everyone:

I'll get this better organized soon but feel free to just post when you have a long run... I will organize everybody's distances in the OP and then put a link to that in my signature... so then whenever you see my posts... you can just click my sig and go straight to the scoreboard.

I have two flights over 7 miles, but with a Phantom 2. I am sure under the right conditions I could go further. Sorry to be left out on the fun.

Zinnware said:
I have two flights over 7 miles, but with a Phantom 2. I am sure under the right conditions I could go further. Sorry to be left out on the fun.

Maybe not "left out of the fun" ... this isn't a contest yet... there is no prize yet... so no real rules yet about which phantoms can join the fun...

If this does turn into a contest on October 1st , with a prize, then we'll have to figure out some stuff to keep things fair but we'll worry about that later :ugeek:

Re: How far can YOU fly ? ............. 7.77 Miles ???

Grounded for now. I'll take up the glove but i only get a max of 14min a battery.
Anyway lets see what can come up with.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik