How far can I fly

Reaction score
Can I fly pretty far out of sight with a phantom 3 standard? Like,do I have to worry about losing my connection or should I start flying pretty far out? I have been very cautious every flight so I want to have some more excitement.

If you are flying in GPS mode, have your Return to Home point set, have your settings set as on signal loss return to home and make sure your RTH altitude is set adequately you should be fine.

I lose signal. RTH at 120m kicks in. I cancel when the signal returns. Lose signal again, and repeat.

You will be able to fly further than you can see and hear it, to the point that visually only the video feed and changing range numbers let you know its still in the air. Excitement comes when you let go of the sticks and its still flying off into the wild blue yonder.

Specs on the P3S is 1000 meters for range. That is about 3200 feet. Realistically, with good conditions this might be around 2500 feet or 1/2 mile. Interference will reduce this amount and there is no way to know what interference you might have in your flying area. You should keep a clear return to home path from your RTH height (set in the app) and your take off location. That is, if your RTH height is set to 200', make sure nothing between the take off point and your P3S is taller than 200'. If you lose connection, your P3S will fly back to it's take off point at no lower than your RTH height.

I lose signal. RTH at 120m kicks in. I cancel when the signal returns. Lose signal again, and repeat.

You are either suffering from high interference or a defect as you should be getting alot further than that. I use Papatita Magic Power Mod and a Windsurfer, have you tried anything like this ?

Can I fly pretty far out of sight with a phantom 3 standard? Like,do I have to worry about losing my connection or should I start flying pretty far out? I have been very cautious every flight so I want to have some more excitement.
Take it from me, a child of the sixties. Flying a drone is "far out" it's "out of sight". Wow man.

I rarely obey safe distances...

Specs on the P3S is 1000 meters for range. That is about 3200 feet. Realistically, with good conditions this might be around 2500 feet or 1/2 mile. Interference will reduce this amount and there is no way to know what interference you might have in your flying area. You should keep a clear return to home path from your RTH height (set in the app) and your take off location. That is, if your RTH height is set to 200', make sure nothing between the take off point and your P3S is taller than 200'. If you lose connection, your P3S will fly back to it's take off point at no lower than your RTH height.
Last weekend I flew my P3S to 4,800 feet before RTH kicked in. No mods of any kind yet, not even a Windsurfer (one's on order). I was in a wilderness area with no interference of any kind, which obviously helped. I'm very pleased with stock performance, although that won't keep me from installing a dbs antenna eventually.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric

I have a djp3 standard and I get the max alt message a t 120m and I also get the weak signal message at that height? Is that the max it will go without a different antenna?

Mine went over 3000 ft before RTH kicked in. It all depends on interference-where your at. In country when I had ph3s could go 4000 ft. Now have ph4 with modded antenna with amplifier. Now can go over 20,000 ft.
7b5dd573f7e32cca328cb5cfbfbbd6ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I went the 25 buck route and my P3S can travel as far as the battery will let me under Litchi missions. Which can be over 60,000 feet (20,000 meters).

Last weekend I flew my P3S to 4,800 feet before RTH kicked in. No mods of any kind yet, not even a Windsurfer (one's on order). I was in a wilderness area with no interference of any kind, which obviously helped. I'm very pleased with stock performance, although that won't keep me from installing a dbs antenna eventually.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4