How fail safe in NAZA-M works...

Reaction score
Ok I know how it should work and I know how you should use it...

But I have questions that I can't find the answer to.

I have a question about how the NAZA-M works.

Assume we have return to home fail safe turned on the NAZA-H in all of the options below...

1. My first scenario is you took off and you had a full GPS lock and during flight you enter an area that blocks both the signal from your radio and your GPS. Now the NAZA-M has no signal from radio or GPS... Will the unit land or just stay in atti mode until the battery is dead and land?

2. You take off prior to getting GPS signal... During flight you GET GPS signal at some point but your in air at the point when you get GPS. Then you loose connection to the craft from your radio. Will it land where it is now... will it just stay where it is in atti mode... Will it land where every it was when during this flight it got GPS lock because it thinks that is home? Or will it go to the previous home location stored from a previous day?

I'm not sure about the first one, but for the second question, it will return to where it locks the home position.

You can see when this happens by the 6 green blinks. Generally, when I'm to eager to wait for HP lock, i will fly for a little while, then bring the phantom back to me, and manually set HP while in hoover. (Switch from CL->HL 3 times) Verify its set by seeing the 6 blinks, and have fun.

On a side not, I usually have full gps coverage long before the warmup is complete, so its usually not an issue.

Hi Eik,

If you take off prior to getting a full GPS active... And then in flight you get GPS... will the home location be that spot when the GPS became active in flight?

GPS is always active. It's active and trying to get satellites as soon as it is powered on. When the Phantom is "cold" the time it takes to acquire satellites is less than the warm up time. It would be difficult to take off without having home lock if the blinking yellow light has stopped.

I would expect it to not set a home position while flying, unless specifically instructed by the operator (toggling CL/HL), as that would be is as likely to be a bad choice as a good one.

Ok so if your flying indoors ... you have NO GPS... so no home lock is set...

If you turn off the radio... will the unit land.. will it just hover... will it go to 60 feet and wait to find some home location?

Anyone know ?

jdawson said:
Ok so if your flying indoors ... you have NO GPS... so no home lock is set...

If you turn off the radio... will the unit land.. will it just hover... will it go to 60 feet and wait to find some home location?

Anyone know ?

Good question! .. I'd hate to find out tho, as if the unit tried to fly 60ft up it would smack the ceiling,.and then probably end up falling to the ground once it's busted a prop or two.

If it was in your house you could hold onto it and try... :) Just turning back on the radio and convincing it to stop maybe a trick.

DJI informed me that if your flying in GPS mode and the GPS signal is lost it will fly in ATTI mode.

They also informed me that if GPS signal is lost and you turn off your controller the until will just stay in ATTI mode and will not land until batteries die.

Finally DJI informed me that if you start a flight prior to home lock set the unit will set the home location to be the point furring that flight when it first got a GPS lock. If that point is 500 feet away and 200 feet in the air... that is the point it will return to and it will fall the last 200 feet to the ground... :) So make sure you get all green lights if you plan to use return to home prior to takeoff.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj