How does one actually take a pic or video?

Reaction score
I have a potentially dumb questions but here goes:

I just placed an order for:
Phantom 2 (non-vision) with H3-2D Gimbal
IOSD Mark 2
Gopro Black Hero3+
BTU Bluetooth
I will be buying a 5.8GHz unit such as the dji AVL58 or equivalent. I am also partial to the Storm all-in-one FPV combo which includes a monitor. Any comments on what to get by the way? I'd like about 500mW of power to get more range.

My question is: how does one control the Hero3 camera to take a pic or take a video with this setup? Is there a button on the controller? It seems a little mysterious as opposed to the Vision which has a App that includes this control. I must have missed this in the manual since it has to exist. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks - a little disappointing but it's quite clear now - there is no camera control as you just take the whole thing raw and just edit the video and pics later. No wonder the gopro unit on Amazon suggested 64GB memory cards. I guess I will live with this but it is one feature the P2-Vision had that I will miss.

Your Phantom will run out of batteries before you fill up your card. I am shooting 2.7k30 Protune and getting close to an hour on 32Gb cards. I get it that the P2V had camera control but to be honest, you don't really need it. if you want to take pics, set up a time lapse on the GoPro. Or depending on how much detail you need, shoot in 4k resolution and pick the frame you like the most.

Its not like your shooting film………..set it to 5 seconds intervals or just shoot video and edit. Its really not a big deal

I sometimes use the gopro wifi remote to change from video to stills or just to take single stills when the fpv screen shows the shot I need. Don't forget that when the gopro takes a still photo that it blanks your fpv screen for a good second...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31