How does failsafe work? I mean - in details (speed, etc)?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting it a bit higher and quite far; then just flipping into failsafe for it to return to me after 4 minutes are gone. But would it work (assuming there is direct line between me and IT)? How fast it engages? They say 3 seconds? Then how fast it flies? If it's super slow; I may not have enough time to come back. Is it slow?

Thanks!

Re: How does failsafe work? I mean - in details (speed, etc)

It seems to take forever in real life. First it waits three seconds to confirm no signal, then it sort of sits there for a few seconds more. If its under 20m height from its original home point it will rise 20m, if its already more than 20m higher it will not rise. Then it leisurely flies back to over home point, holds another 15 seconds, agonzing to watch, then descends slowly, hovers briefly just off the ground, then magically lands and shuts the motors off. If its windy it may take a minute or more for the whole thing, and if you are running low on juice you may go into an immediate controlled descent without making it back to home point. That's never good. Moral of the story is leave yourself two minutes to get home.

with my experience, it seemed to fly back at around "medium" speed., not too fast, and not too slow.
tho does seem to hover for a long time once it reaches the home location, prior to descending.

You'd probably be better using IOC HL to bring a Phantom back rather than initiate RTH.

I have a theory that the best thing to do would it be to engage the failsafe via the second ATT mode on the right switch; and when it hovers above you, switch ti Atti and land yourself. Also, I think that this is why it hovers for 15 secs-gives you a chance to fix its course in case something is obstructing the landing area.

Gizmo3000 said:
with my experience, it seemed to fly back at around "medium" speed., not too fast, and not too slow.
tho does seem to hover for a long time once it reaches the home location, prior to descending.

You'd probably be better using IOC HL to bring a Phantom back rather than initiate RTH.
If you have a sec can you explain further particularly what to do with the sticks for example I have IOC enabled and have put the switch in the HL position and the phantom is way out there. What do I do with the sticks? what to do with the throttle? Leave it where it was? or what And the Other stick I'm guessing that I pull it back and hold it bacK?

Test it. Send the phantom out about 40 ft. Place in HL. Then yaw the phantom in al quadrants. At each quadrant pull the stick toward you. You will see that what ever the orientation is when you pull back the stick it will fly toward you.

As far as throttle goes. Well that's Los. You need to keep it from hitting things while returning it. Always fly LOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31