How does DJI handle warranty repairs without a receipt?

Reaction score
If one happens to require warranty repairs and doesn't have original receipt due to Phantom being a gift, purchased on eBay etc, how is it handled by DJI to determine eligibility?

they will not consider the warranty if you got it from an unauthorized seller and not having a receipt
and do you mean repairs under warranty, or ones that you pay yourself?

they will not consider the warranty if you got it from an unauthorized seller and not having a receipt
and do you mean repairs under warranty, or ones that you pay yourself?

I keep seeing people post this information but it is incorrect according to DJI.

"Thank you for contacting DJI North America. I do apologize for the late reply. No matter where you purchase your DJI aircraft from you have a warranty of one year on it. To find out if your aircraft has been register I recommend contacting [email protected]"

It's not true. They would not Warrenty my battery with 12 charges. It was starting to swell and they told me since it was not bought through the authorized dealer they cannot do anything. I have the emails

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No one has access to the ebay account on which is was bought? The person paid cash so they can't produce a credit card receipt? Has the P3 been out for a year yet? If not then any purchase would be within the 1 year warranty on most components.

If it's one year from the first time it was registered, then I don't see an issue without having a receipt as DJI can easily identify date in their system.

If one happens to require warranty repairs and doesn't have original receipt due to Phantom being a gift, purchased on eBay etc, how is it handled by DJI to determine eligibility?
Most hobby shops will print a duplicate receipt if requested. See if that's possible through who gave it as a gift, or see if they allow you to contact the dealer directly

I was asked for original bill of sale when I presented my P3P for repairs. I could not and was honest that the P3P was a second hand purchase.

The P3P was dispatched to the workshop where they diagnosed the board fault that Vers 1 and 2 suffered from ... Warranty repaired.

As I was told by them - as long as the fault can be traced to a faulty part - Serial no. tallies with Warranty data .. I would have no problem - which turned out to be true.

They even rebuilt the gimbal arm as well in warranty - which I was prepared to pay for.

I do not say - everyone will get same result ... but it certainly does not agree with a lot of comments people post about disclaimer on warranty etc.

As regards batterys - that is a real can of worms as they are subject far more to questionable action ... you also have to note that warranty on batterys is far shorter than the equipment. But this is where EU rules are better than many other countries ... EU states Merchantable Quality and will throw out restrictive warranty clauses by companys - making them pay up.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik