Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How does DJI handle warranty repairs without a receipt?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by CCDD, May 29, 2016.

1. CCDD

If one happens to require warranty repairs and doesn't have original receipt due to Phantom being a gift, purchased on eBay etc, how is it handled by DJI to determine eligibility?

2. Phantomix

they will not consider the warranty if you got it from an unauthorized seller and not having a receipt
    and do you mean repairs under warranty, or ones that you pay yourself?

3. Rypper1

I keep seeing people post this information but it is incorrect according to DJI.

"Thank you for contacting DJI North America. I do apologize for the late reply. No matter where you purchase your DJI aircraft from you have a warranty of one year on it. To find out if your aircraft has been register I recommend contacting support@dji.com"

4. Comanche

It's not true. They would not Warrenty my battery with 12 charges. It was starting to swell and they told me since it was not bought through the authorized dealer they cannot do anything. I have the emails

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. tcope

No one has access to the ebay account on which is was bought? The person paid cash so they can't produce a credit card receipt? Has the P3 been out for a year yet? If not then any purchase would be within the 1 year warranty on most components.

6. CCDD

If it's one year from the first time it was registered, then I don't see an issue without having a receipt as DJI can easily identify date in their system.

7. Darmie

Most hobby shops will print a duplicate receipt if requested. See if that's possible through who gave it as a gift, or see if they allow you to contact the dealer directly