How does Active Track work?

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

See video above

The guy clearly has his drone following him the entire time. And by follow, I mean the drone actually moves forward and backwards to track him.

How is this done? I tried to use active track today and all it did was spin on the spot, it never moved from its position?

So my question is, how did he get the phantom to move and follow him?

Cheers

This is more specific to the P4. You would get better attention posting your question in the P4 section.
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is more specific to the P4. You would get better attention posting your question in the P4 section.

Or the P3 with third party software. Both Litchi and Autopilot have more capability than DJI Go. I's an honest question in this forum IMHO

I agree, however the video that the OP posted was a P4, thus I assumed he was asking about the same. For the P3 and a the like function of Active Track I use Litchi. If I remember to shutdown all other apps it works well on my iPad Air 2. I would personally like to see a quality controlled test between all options, P3 with 3rd party apps and of course the P4 with DJI.

Cheers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

See video above

The guy clearly has his drone following him the entire time. And by follow, I mean the drone actually moves forward and backwards to track him.

How is this done? I tried to use active track today and all it did was spin on the spot, it never moved from its position?

So my question is, how did he get the phantom to move and follow him?

Cheers

I see you took my advice on posting in the P4 section, but I got curious so I looked this up. I hope it helps.

" In ActiveTrack Mode, the aircraft follows a moving person or object. To follow a person, tap them on your smart device screen. The aircraft will automatically put a green box around them. You will see a human icon in the top-left corner of the screen and a GO button on the right. Press Go to begin tracking"

Also, this link may help you with other P4 questions.

DJI Support - Phantom 4

Interesting. I'm certain the go on my screen is just signally that it's started, as the 'go' disappears rather promptly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers