How does a Drone fall?

Reaction score
If the DJI is sufficiently high enough in the air and I power down the motors, how does the drone fall? Do the props stay parallel to the earth, or does it tumble? If parallel, would restarting the motors and powering them back up save the drone from crashing?

I figure someone at some point must have accidentally powered down the drone in flight and tried to restart the motors. Just curious.

If the DJI is sufficiently high enough in the air and I power down the motors, how does the drone fall? Do the props stay parallel to the earth, or does it tumble? If parallel, would restarting the motors and powering them back up save the drone from crashing?

I figure someone at some point must have accidentally powered down the drone in flight and tried to restart the motors. Just curious.

i hope your not curious enuff 2try. U tube videos show them rolling end over end til impact. I have many phantoms , i've experienced my first fall 2 hrs ago . Backstory , putting life to an older psv non plus for a friend to learn the ropes with. Got it up and running smooth gps lock put a re700 on for better fpv range. Then something ive not done yet carbon fiber props and prop guards, with those additions it flew unstable( like it was in high winds) upon decending from 100' it became wobbly an lost control, then dropped sideways straight down , try to thrust but no luck . Its fixable

They tumble, but you can recover, you just need lots of time to recover.
There are videos on youtube of people breaking Phantom hight records by flying up, turning motors off, tumbling, restarting and landing. This is because the battery would not allow them to descend from that height in time to land.

That sounds like a trick im not ready for . Imma checkit out though. Any thoughts on prop guards making for unstable flights?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj