How do you use your prop guards in between flights ?

Reaction score
I certainly hope no one is reading this who does not like prop guards. Why would you have clicked on the link in the first place ?

In between flights I use mine as magazine racks for my goats.

What about you ?

Pretzel molds and I've mounted one on a selfie stick to use as a backscratcher. It has a quick release mechanism so my flights are never delayed due to an itchy back (but sometimes delayed due to pretzel cravings).

Actually, I have been flying P2 aerial vid for over a year and find prop guards both of value for certain shots and of no use for most. I recently modified mine to replace the exterior radius plastic with a 1/8 clear rod which helps in windy conditions. I use prop guards around humans and in trees. The 'in trees' thing is incase I hit a small twig that I did not see in the FPV gogs. I also have quick release bases. Yes, I can fly quads and fixed wings as well as anyone.

That's swell ya take care of your goats like that Hughie , I just let mine sit on the bench till I need to break em out to show the new folks that do use them that all don't think it belittles them to use them :D
Your goats read :shock:

Prop guards are very useful to idiots doing hand catching...

sergekouper said:
Why all the hostility in here tonite ? Idiots..really :roll:

dirkclod said:
That's swell ya take care of your goats like that Hughie , I just let mine sit on the bench till I need to break em out to show the new folks that do use them that all don't think it belittles them to use them :D
Your goats read :shock:

Well they tell me they can read. And they say that the prop guards work well to clip their favourite publications together.

They go crazy for this one and are forever ordering back issues.

http://www.dairygoatjournal.com/backissues/

I LOVE PROP GUARDS!! I use them as back scratches, towel racks, table centerpieces, and I hang my socks on them to dry.
Haven't tried the pizza cutting trick but another great idea!
Sure wish we had more threads about prop guards!! They're great!

I would use mine for back scratchers but that dam string gets in the way. Holds all four together and they hang up well. :cool:
Think I will color mine. They look kind of drab.

Attachments

• 100_0254.JPG
    100_0254.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 460
I'm so boring, I just use my clip-on/clip-off set to put pretty imprints into the foam in the lid of my Case.
The original set that had to be screwed on and off, and were too big to fit in my case, were such a pain that they now just make nice patterns in the dust they collect as they sit on my shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_0002 3.jpg
    IMG_0002 3.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 406
8 screws.. oh the pain... and then I have to make sure I use the right length screws
Instead, I deck them all together to make a nice massage roller.

I'm gonna tell on you guys. :shock:

The federal government (oh, was I supposed to capitalize) is really going to come down on you. Prop Guards have a specific purpose.

If you look closely under a really nice microscope, you will find a label that states, and I quote: "Prop Guards must remain in place at all times for the public's safety".

Really,
I can't wait till LuvMyTJ see's this. You's are in big trouble. I'm an innocent bystander. :D

Kitari,
Please provide me with a nearby post office. I'll send you a set, General Delivery. It's awesome fun to bounce off of stuff. :lol:
With your talent flying I am certain you will come up with very creative ways to run into things too.

dirkclod said:
sergekouper said:
Why all the hostility in here tonite ? Idiots..really :roll:
Bored on Saturday evening...

IflyinWY said:
I'm gonna tell on you guys. :shock:
The federal government (oh, was I supposed to capitalize) is really going to come down on you. Prop Guards have a specific purpose.
If you look closely under a really nice microscope, you will find a label that states, and I quote: "Prop Guards must remain in place at all times for the public's safety".
Really,
I can't wait till LuvMyTJ see's this. You's are in big trouble. I'm an innocent bystander. :D

Just one problem with that plan ... this thread is "How do you use your prop guards IN BETWEEN FLIGHTS"
We still use them in flight, at least I do - that's why I bought clip on ones in matching red/black to suit my quad.
I do hate how much harder they are to photoshop out when they get in the image or video, but one day I'll get longer landing legs, and lower the gimbal a little.

IflyinWY said:
Kitari,
Please provide me with a nearby post office. I'll send you a set, General Delivery. It's awesome fun to bounce off of stuff. :lol:
With your talent flying I am certain you will come up with very creative ways to run into things too.

If I ever got some prop guards, I'd definitely put them to the test. You'd definitely see more indoor flying, flying fast around trees, and I could get closer to my neighbor's window so I could check out.... I mean... nevermind. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4