How do you use the new features?

Reaction score
Hey guys -

I'm all updated... and I realized you need to make sure your set to multiple flight modes to even get to the new functions and switch the controller to F mode.

But once you click the icon for the new functions... I am not sure how to do things like set the point of interest and/or waypoints. It keeps telling me to take the phantom off when I click on waypoints or POI - does that mean you can't set waypoints before you're flying?

If there are instructions to this that I missed can you point me to them?

Thanks all
Alex

I cant find the new flight modes

Hey guys -

I'm all updated... and I realized you need to make sure your set to multiple flight modes to even get to the new functions and switch the controller to F mode.

But once you click the icon for the new functions... I am not sure how to do things like set the point of interest and/or waypoints. It keeps telling me to take the phantom off when I click on waypoints or POI - does that mean you can't set waypoints before you're flying?

If there are instructions to this that I missed can you point me to them?

Thanks all
Alex

This might help ...
DJI Forum|Guide: OVERVIEW OF THE NEW P3 GROUND STATION FUNCTIONS

Reactions: Buckaye
I had a problem at first because the app store didn't actually show the new updated app.
Just looked again and it was there. Updated and so far so good. I do see the new options.

How about some DJI released info??? Just checked DJI website and nothing regarding this stuff.

this should help:

Thanks for this! Very helpful! as was the written version.

Kind of dislike the implementation of the waypoint function. I feel like it was cool on the Phantom 2 to be able to create waypoints while your Phantom was on the ground. As it is... you're wasting battery power by flying the route the first time to set your waypoints and then flying the pattern again. I get that it gives you the ability to control the camera as you fly the route... just disappointed that you can't set it in advance :(

Has anyone got a link to that video on YouTube I can't find it and want to send the link to a friend.

The waypoints feature is a complete joke. DJI is making great products and stupid decisions at the same time. It will be nice someday in the future to have an alternative.

What a disappointment! The whole purpose of a way point function is to allow you to map a course to set locations, at set speeds, then let the bird fly that course while you work the camera. What are these morons thinking?

What a disappointment! The whole purpose of a way point function is to allow you to map a course to set locations, at set speeds, then let the bird fly that course while you work the camera. What are these morons thinking?

Agreed. Waypoints is very disappointing. I hope third party apps do this better...

I am having an issue with mine. When I flip to F Mode I get a message saying course lock or home lock is enabled but I do not get the new menu to left of center. Its been odd as the first time I did get course lock but nothing else. Then was able to get the new modes once and now its blank. Tried two tablets, remove app and reinstall. Nothing now. Firmware is updated.

Obviously missing something !

The time when I did have everything showing up I started an orbit. Was working great. Stopped it after 1/3 revolution by flipping switch to P. Thought I would try a mission but never could get menu back.

Any ideas?

Seem to have it working after trying about everything in the book. Last thing that I tried was format data recorder. See how it does now.

I have the same problem. Let us know when you figure it out

Works fine ever since I reset the data recorder. Both tablets. Fired it up on DJI developer simulator and flew a few missions.

Not very impressive release unfortunately. The POI orbit is not bad.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj