How do you save waypoints

Reaction score
I am mystified as to what makes DJI Go save a waypoints mission as a favorite. I've tried several times to create a waypoint mission. Sometimes it gets saved as a favorite, and (usually) not.

When I record a series of waypoints an hit done, there is an apply button that would let me run the mission right away. It seems that if I don't apply the mission I just recorded, it gets discarded?!?

I have recorded the same complex mission twice, and both times it got discarded. This is really stupid.

The waypoints feature is very cool, but the implementation in DJI Go leaves a lot to be desired.

When I click done, I expect an option to either save or discard the mission.

I also cannot believe that there is no option to name a mission.

You should look into purchasing Litchi app.

I may do that, but in the meantime I want to understand how to use DJI go. It looks like you actually have to hit "apply" once you record your sequence of waypoints and let it upload the sequence to the aircraft before it gets saved as a favorite.

So many absurd things about the implementation of the waypoints feature in DJI go. You can't even view the list of waypoints unless your aircraft is in the air. What?!? Sorry, that's stupid.

Reactions: dmagnus
I want to do the same thing, we have a new building site at work and I would like to take a picture from the exact same spot every day for a time lapse pictory .

You have to fly the way point mission first, THEN you can save it to fly again later.

Agreed, Litchi...Just flew my 1st way point mission this evening and it was a great success! :D:cool::)

Thread bump. I want to just use the DJI Go App, and I don't understand why it is seemingly impossible to Name and Save a mission.

I've been looking for a new project to work on while screwing around with the P4 at night.

I think I'll dive into the mysteries of Waypoints in the DJI Go app.

Thanks.

AD

Interesting threads I have yet to try the missions in DJIGO4 but I look forward to it. Not good that it seems to have faults. I'm not big on running a 3rd party app so I won't be downloading Litchi any time soon. I expect that most of the features in Litchi will eventually be brought over to DJIGO4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1