How do you quote in a thread post ?

Reaction score
I hope this is an ok place for this question... I am new to this forum and this forum is the first I have ever really been on, I've read through a lot of them, but never joined one. So my question is, when someone is quoting all, or part, of a previous post, it shows up in a grey box and says who posted it with a little arrow pointing up. Then the person replies to that quote in his normal reply box. I have tried and tried but can't figure out how to do that? I can copy and paste it, make it a different color, but I don't see anyone else doing that. Thanks for your help in advance.

I know on iPhone I have to hold the persons post to quote it never used the computer so no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just click "Reply" at the bottom, right corner of the post and it'll auto copy the text and put it between the quote tags.

Welcome to the forum!

The grey box holds the quote of the person you want to answer. Your reply should be in the white area outside the grey box. So click on the white area, then begin your reply.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jack Ley
I hope this is an ok place for this question... I am new to this forum and this forum is the first I have ever really been on, I've read through a lot of them, but never joined one. So my question is, when someone is quoting all, or part, of a previous post, it shows up in a grey box and says who posted it with a little arrow pointing up. Then the person replies to that quote in his normal reply box. I have tried and tried but can't figure out how to do that? I can copy and paste it, make it a different color, but I don't see anyone else doing that. Thanks for your help in advance.
Click the reply button in the post (bottom right) and then type below quote in box. Edit quote as needed with cut option. Is that what you mean?

It works! :)

Wow, got it, thanks so much everyone! I noticed that auto reply stuff when I replied but deleted it before I typed my reply. That was so easy I feel stupid...LOL

Now since I got an answer so quickly and it wasn't a complicated question about a phantom, should I delete this thread?

Only a mod can delete it.

Some day, somebody will have the same problem you had. And with luck, they'll search and find the answer right here!

And that's one of the reasons you want to try to make a good descriptive thread title.

Reactions: Jack Ley and 185EZ
Click the reply button in the post (bottom right) and then type below quote in box. Edit quote as needed with cut option.
Alternatively, if you don't need to quote the entire text for proper context (thank you!), simply highlight the text you wish to quote and hover over the highlighted area. A "reply" tab will appear on the bottom right side. Tap and go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr