How do you organize your photos/videos?

Reaction score
I have 3 memory cards that I have to clear out soon. Trying to figure out a good way to find things when I want to later. I organize pictures by the city/town they were taken in when I post on Facebook. I'm thinking I might create folders to store them in and list the date range. That's to save everything. I'll later break it down by location folders and then the dates when I pick out the ones that I like. I haven't decided what I will keep and what I will toss. In general I save more than I should.

...create folders to store them in and list the date range. That's to save everything. I'll later break it down by location folders and then the dates when I pick out the ones that I like. I haven't decided what I will keep and what I will toss.

In general I save more than I should.

Exactly that... both.

Costco makes it cheap and easy to have 2TB at your disposal... better to save it than delete and decide later you wanted it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My folder tree looks like this Drive>Photos>Year>Month>Photographic device used i.e. Phantom 4 Pro or iPhone, Canon etc>Folder Name i.e. Charisma's Wedding, or an address of a shoot>Then multiple folders inside the specific folder such as a Raw folder for untouched photos, a DNG cleaned folder (only had to use the dji dng cleaner with my p4 but not my p4p) A "Final" folder and any other folders I might need. I do not let lightroom copy the files for me, I put the files into their respective Raw folder and then import to lightroom from there.

Reactions: MassGuy
I have a folder for drone folders in Photos and a folder for drone videos in Videos. Then I have subfolders by date and brief description, i.e. 2017_02_08 Flight Over Area 51. I also keep any Adobe Premiere editing files and renders in that folder.

I also have an external hard drive that everything is backed up to.

I have 3 memory cards that I have to clear out soon. Trying to figure out a good way to find things when I want to later. I organize pictures by the city/town they were taken in when I post on Facebook. I'm thinking I might create folders to store them in and list the date range. That's to save everything. I'll later break it down by location folders and then the dates when I pick out the ones that I like. I haven't decided what I will keep and what I will toss. In general I save more than I should.

You might want to try the new Dragonfly app. You can upload video in the field immediately after the flight using your phone without removing your SD card (it uploads passively the next time you connect to wifi) and it can even delete off of your SD card. Or you can upload in batch using the web uploader. The video is then backed up, organized on the map or in galleries, and you can also create/share auto generated mixes of your flights. Gets rid of the hardware and using up space on your computer.

Don't forget free cloud storage with Google Drive. 15GB aint bad for photos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers