How do you oil your motors?

I don't know if you'ld call it efficiency gains, but it does fly smoother. Sounds much smoother, seems to take off smoother like motors aren't laboring. Noticed the biggest difference on my my 450 w/E300 motors - they immediately got smoother and quieter. I only use a couple of drops per motor, then spin by hand to work in and it's pretty evident then & there that they feel smoother.

EMCSQUAR, probably a dumb question, but do you have to open the Phantom to oil the motors or can you do this from the outside? Where specifically do you put the drop of oil?

Jezabel said:
EMCSQUAR, probably a dumb question, but do you have to open the Phantom to oil the motors or can you do this from the outside? Where specifically do you put the drop of oil?

I would love to know the answer to this. I'd hate to screw up the motors for something that sounds somewhat optional but does something good for them.

FlyingFanta said:
Jezabel said:

I would love to know the answer to this. I'd hate to screw up the motors for something that sounds somewhat optional but does something good for them.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to know too. I've seen a post where someone drilled out the bottom of the shell, underneath the motors, just to oil them. Covered the holes with tape after.

The only reason I would drill out the center of each arm is to be able to inspect the C-clip with out dissembling the craft.
or taking out the motor screws and pulling the motor out to take a chance in fatiguing the wires at the solder joints over time.

I have place an order for 5mm rubber plugs to plug up the hole.
And replacing the C-clips with snap ring clips that are much more reliable and rarely come off. Unless you take them off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20