How do you mark (label) your P3?

The basic idea of labeling P3 is that the owner can be identified if need arises. If that's the case then:

1. We should pick two safe places and use two labels.

2. Labels should be safe with moisture, dust, sun, heat

3. One of the good places is inside the battery compartment

4. Another good place is on the side of the shell. Gimbal, camera, legs usually get affected during accidents and are not the right place to fix a label

5. One should check and maintain labels else the purpose will be defeated

6. No label should be stuck on removable parts such as props, battery

7. P3 should be labeled and not its RC

8. One of the simple way to make a label is to print using laser printer. Hand written labels should be avoided as sometimes it gets difficult to read handwriting

9. Font size should be minimum 16. Use simple fonts such as Arial, Times Roman. Avoid using artistic fonts. Font color should have a good contrast with the background.

Last edited:
I 3D printed a gimbal guard with my phone number.
I will probably add the FAA number on the other side.

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 297
Just ordered laser engraved plastic tag from eBay "if found please call (insert phone number)" Under £10 for 4 delivered. I'm going to glues it above battery, as I don't think public will know to remove battery to see internal label. Being plastic no worrries with interference

On mine I just used some scotch tape and wrote my number and if found call and my number.
Tho inside the bat compartment might not be the best place to put you if found info being who ever finds it might not even have a clue how to even take the battery out or might not even bother to look inside.

On time when I did lose an FC40 for a few days and forgot to put my info on it. the guy that found it only took the battery out because he also flys rc and know it was not good to leave the battery connected and draining so he took it out and left it for a few hours were it crashed on his lawn in case any one came looking they might see it. Then he ran out side and grabbed it later that night when it started to rain. so I was pretty lucky it was another rc person that found it. Funny thing to is he seen it smack off hit roof really freaking hard and then hit the concrete walk way and bounce to the grass and he was on the fence about getting any phantom being he flys plans and helos that just smash in to a million pcs and he was real impressed on seeing such a spectacular crash and just a bent prop and the camera mount cracked. So he wanted on after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20