How do you guys fly so high? I can only get to around 500' !

Re: How do you guys fly so high? I can only get to around 50

lukode said:
I have read that only activate FFC with software is enough. Do i need to adjust this screw also?
Only with software i get 900 m, then i lost control but no lost the video fpv. I use vision plus utility
Thx in advance
Thx in advance

Yes that is enough, to engage CE mode, controler AND software has to be in CE mode.
If one ( soft or controller ) is et to FCC then it will be in FCC mode.
So changing the software is enough.

Edmond - have you checked the software to see if any limits were set yet?

I hit a ceiling at 400m(1312 feet) a few weeks ago. It posted a message on my phone's screen that I had hit a limit though, no loss of connection etc.. Someone here pointed out it was probably a software limitation and lo and behold, after poking around in the DJI Assistant software, there it was. I set it to 800m and will play with that.

I'm interested in these mods though, soda can one seems like a cheap first start. The skew planar type antennas are intriguing as well.
http://horizonfpvantennas.us/product/ph ... c-control/

Does anyone have any opinions on if doing mods on the Heli side and sticking with the stock controller at first gives a recognizable boost (or is it an all-out better to mod both Controller and heli.)

**EDIT** Hmm, further reading seems to indicate that the link I posted hints at some "UAV to LHCP" conversion going on which most likely needs something on the controller as well. I have no idea what UAV to LHCP means (yet)...

ToThePoint said:
lukode said:
I have read that only activate FFC with software is enough. Do i need to adjust this screw also?
Only with software i get 900 m, then i lost control but no lost the video fpv. I use vision plus utility
Thx in advance
Thx in advance

Yes that is enough, to engage CE mode, controler AND software has to be in CE mode.

This simply is not true. Per DJI's documentation, two beeps from the transmitter CONFIRMS FCC mode. Two beeps can be obtained by turning the screw on the back of the transmitter without touching the software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers