How Do You Fly Micro in House

QuinnQuad said:
Before I got my Phantom 2 I flew hubsan X4's (plural, smashed more than a few).

I think it's well worth it before investing serious money, and for learning manual flying in all directions like the OP is talking about. Spend whole battery charges flying a straight line then yawing 180degrees, flying back the same distance, fly back, yaw again - rinse and repeat until until you can turn it on the spot :) then fly squares, take off and land from chairs, things like that.

Yes basically I am a man-child.

My wife refers to me as a 12 year old with resources. :D

So I finally got my crowd funded micro last week, well 3 of them to be exact. I have to say it is pretty cool! Much more stable than some others I have tried. This thing will hover hands free which surprised me a bit. Not a bad little quad at all.

IMG_0737.jpg

Does anyone here have a link to that YouTube video that show incredible flying of the Phantom? I can only dream of getting to that point! But, it does show what else we can do if weever get bored.

I hope someone will post it, so I can save it this time! As already stated: stick time is the answer. I wish I could come up that amount of free time!

Edit:'It is a video of a Phantom, whose pilot did incredible things, such as skimming along a handrail, going down a slide and more.

It must be this one:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Absolutely incredible!

wow i am finally amongst peers :) my wife hates my estes proto x slt, but **** did this little marvel teach me to fly. i started out with a blade nano qx, which i learned to flat hover with and fly simple circles. then got the proto x and my skills really took off. i could land on any flat surface with a foot print big enough for the craft, fly around my chandelier, through gaps in my chairs, then eventually out my sliding door to my condo and out and around the courtyard below! hand launch, fly around for 10 minutes, then hand catch right from my balcony. it really gave me a whole level of confidence with my phantom that i couldnt do before.
flat hover and get your trim right first. then create challenges and start small. launch from coffee table then land on dinner table. come back and land where you started. it took me months of this every day, every night to get to where i am now. but thats part of the fun, the journey. enjoy.

So I finally got my crowd funded micro last week, well 3 of them to be exact. I have to say it is pretty cool! Much more stable than some others I have tried. This thing will hover hands free which surprised me a bit. Not a bad little quad at all.

I got mine and I love it. I fly out around the house all of the time.

I'm scared to take it outdoors. I've seen the wind take one of my Hubsan away. I'm sure it will take this one.

I got mine and I love it. I fly out around the house all of the time.

I'm scared to take it outdoors. I've seen the wind take one of my Hubsan away. I'm sure it will take this one.
Did you get the same one? I found with some tweaking of the controller it will hover hands off. Nice little quad.

Cheerson XC-10, talk about twitchy throttle, LOL…. I found taping a Dime on the bottom with HOC (hot off charger) battery helped rein things in. When it can no longer climb, remove the Dime and enjoy the lower SOC response.

Exact same one. I like it. Charges fast too.
Cool! I bought three of them. o_O Orange, white & green, ones a gift.
The company is about 50 minutes from me. Check out their BT speaker, the one for $12, it works well also.
I agree, fast charging and decent run times. I am happy with it.

I got a black one. They have a new one you can carry in your pocket. My nano came worry a discount code. I may get something else.

I got a black one. They have a new one you can carry in your pocket. My nano came worry a discount code. I may get something else.

Did you figure out the flip thing, LOL :D
I guess they also have a high performance micro that goes over 30mph! Scroll down to the bottom - http://axisdrones.com
home-in-line-image-4.png

Last edited:
I have a couple of QR Ladybirds I use indoors during foul weather, etc. it's a great trainer, very stable and responsive, and a hoot to fly.

Take your mini-bugs outside on a zero wind day. I am sure I had a humming bird chase after my X12 the other day. What I think happened, he was just going in the same direction. Never had one attack me.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.