How do you down load your video

Reaction score
Have a dji 3p not sure how to down load the video I can watch the video but everything has to be hooked up any ideas please ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Although I can download directly from my birds, I prefer to remove the chip and use a USB-3 adaptor to attach to my computer. Data transfer rates are much faster on USB-3.

i am in the process of returning my p3p to DJI because the SD Card will not stay in anymore. Just saying..

Have a dji 3p not sure how to down load the video I can watch the video but everything has to be hooked up any ideas please ?
The usual method is to pull the SD card, put it in an adapter and copy to your computer.
Anything else using a cable is too slow and complicated to bother with.

The usual method is to pull the SD card, put it in an adapter and copy to your computer.
And be careful, I stated out using the cheap 'stick' that came with an earlier quad and it couldn't handle the field properly. Kept getting 'file corrupted' type messages. Even reformatted and lost a couple of videos that I really wanted to keep trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally bought another SD card that came with an adapter and everything works just fine now.

Isn't there an owners manual for these things? If so, does ANYONE read them at all?

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes... but they aren't always clear, and they offer options... I understood it that the OP was not asking how to do it, but asking how different people choose to do it! Maybe I'm wrong... but I've gotten caught with that too. Hard to be clear without tone and connotation.

I've also gotten caught with misunderstanding the manual too!

That's what I do.

But I'm not going to lie, I hate manhandling the gimbal and the plastics all around that area don't seem like the highest quality.

Although, people have reported crashes from high levels and all that stuff has survived!

You just have to be very gentle unlocking and locking the SD card into the gimbal, as the mechanism is small and delicate. As for the gimbal itself, it has to be light weight hence why injection moulded plastic is used for the upper gimbal plate which attaches it to the body, but this is well strengthened with bracing in the moulding.
The lower plate is also plastic, but with the main body of the gimbal attached to it, which is cast alloy, that adds strength and good heat dissipation. If the entire gimbal was made from cast aluminium, there would be no benefit, it would just be heavier. Whatever material one used, either a direct hit or impact with the ground or object, that unit is going to endure a breakage or failure of some kind. And let's also recognise how well this unit works too - I'm still amazed by its stability every time I fly.

And let's also recognise how well this unit works too - I'm still amazed by its stability every time I fly.

Couldn't agree more. The clarity and stability is stunning...

Thanks for the info on construction, always nice to have a better understanding of things that aren't common knowledge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4