How do you copy the flight log to a PC?

Reaction score
P3P 4K Fmware: 1.7.6.0
RC: 1.5.8.0
Pro App: 2.7.0

Instructions in the manual are vague and I can't seem to determine exactly how I can download my Flight Log into my Win10 PC. Can someone please tell me exactly how this process is accomplished? It will be appreciated!!
I had no problems updating firmware but this has me stumped!

Thanks for any help. (My tablet is an Android Nexus 7)

Last edited:

Instructions in the manual are vague and I can't seem to determine exactly how I can download my Flight Log into my Win10 PC. Can someone please tell me exactly how this process is accomplished? It will be appreciated!!

I'm not sure there is a straightforward way. I have a brute force method that works:
Install a mirroring software on your PC ( I use Airserver) then I cast my phone to the TV while I have the record feature turned on. Then its just a matter of playing through the logs you want to keep.

I think there are 2 types of flight logs.
One is the ones stored on the Phantom' internal SD card (not the one in the camera). These I think are only useable by DJI for the purpose of determining causes of equipment failure etc. (Crash)
The second are the ones we can use to upload to sites that can convert them into CSV files etc.
These are not stored on the Phantom. They are in a directory on your phone/tablet.
If these are the ones you are looking for, just connect a usb cable to your tablet, and transfer (drag & drop) the files to your pc
c6951722a4c680b83b9d4acfaa9e521d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Look on internal storage in DJI folder. There are a couple sub folders in the DJI folder but the correct folder is obvious. I find the file at the top of the list is the last one. They are labeled by date/time.

You can choose to copy to network location

Look here to see how to retrieve the .DAT files.

Look here to see how to retrieve the .DAT files.
!! NUTZ !! I now have 'DJIFlightRecord_2016-03-19_[11-03-10].TXT' downloaded onto my Nexus 7 and onto my PC. However now I can not seem to convert the text into ASCII or any recognizable readable format?
Right now I think I just throw in the towel BUT thanks for all of the positive responses!
ChesterT

!! NUTZ !! I now have 'DJIFlightRecord_2016-03-19_[11-03-10].TXT' downloaded onto my Nexus 7 and onto my PC. However now I can not seem to convert the text into ASCII or any recognizable readable format?
Right now I think I just throw in the towel BUT thanks for all of the positive responses!
ChesterT
Sorry, I thought you wanted the P3's internal flight data recording.

You have the log file off the tablet. It has a .txt extension when it really is a binary file containing a log. There are a three different ways to view the contents. www.healthydrones.com is very popular and yields a lot of info. DJI Phantom 3 Log Viewer - Phantom Help is another option. Finally, there is [TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter which is an offline converter.

Reactions: ChesterT
ChesterT

I guess that we all assumed that you knew what to do with them, since all you asked was how to D/L them.

You cannot read them as they are. They have to be converted.
You can upload them to
[URL="https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/"]Phantom help LogViewer[/URL]
From there you can view the data.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ChesterT
mdowney58 message "just drag and drop". ??????????? I have it open in File Manager but don't see any way to transfer these files to my PC. Can you provide more detail? When I cllick on any displayed file it opens it, doesn't allow me to drag and drop.

mdowney58 message "just drag and drop". ??????????? I have it open in File Manager but don't see any way to transfer these files to my PC. Can you provide more detail? When I cllick on any displayed file it opens it, doesn't allow me to drag and drop.

right button on mouse/cursur opens menus

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1