How do you change rotational speed settings

Reaction score
When I rotate the Phantom, it rotates way to fast, making it hard to accurately rotate to the right position, as well as blurs the video sometimes. I think half its current speed would be good. In Assistant, I see where I can change the Yaw gain adjustment. I just don't want to mess with it too much for fear of it having a hard time correcting itself or something. I don't see an attitude adjustment gain for yaw, just pitch and roll.

-Scott

Don't change the yaw gains unless you know what you are doing.
If you change these gains, the Phantom may not fly stable.

I have modified my yaw movement by increasing the spring tension in the transmitter. This can be done by opening up the unit and tightening the adjustment screw (I don't have the youtube clip as I am at work).

I then use my left thumb at the lowest part of stick and pressing it like a D-Pad on playstation. Only problem is that I can only yaw clockwise smoothly.

the stock tranny is a limiting factor in getting smoother control.if you went down the route of using a computer tranny and receiver ( a few vids on youtube, usually futaba stuff for conversions ) then you can use the trannys programming and put in dual rates ,a curve, exponential, or adjust the ATV's or a combination of these options and smooth out control on all the axis. and even have the rates switched like idle up pitch and throttle curves on heli's so you can have standard flight control for getting to somewhere and then flick a switch to soften down the response of the aircraft once filming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31