How do you balance carbon fiber props??

Reaction score
I searched, but got a message saying the search terms were too common. I couldn't find stickies, either.

There is another thread where somebody said CF props are great, if balanced. How do you balance props?

If there is a thread that already explains this, please post it here. Or any other resource to help with the process.

Thanks!

You buy a prop balancer and then take away or add material until they balance.
I tend to add material either by applying nail varnish to the lighter blade or with a small piece of electrical tape.

When I purchased carbon fiber props for my Phantom V1, I used a Dremel and lightly started removing material slowing and carefully. Just be aware that carbon fibers dust will be everywhere so make sure you've got good ventilation or do it outside of your garage.

I use the clear nail polish technique as well- be it carbon or plastic.

I also second your findings with the rejected search results on this forum. I frequently get the "too few search terms" error or the "too common" one you mention. It's almost like you need to just add junk terms in the search field to find what you are looking for sometimes. I sort of feel like this is part of what leads to many redundant threads here. Maybe it's just the way I search though :?:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31