How do some of these phantoms advanced go 3 4 miles on you tube ? (Newbie)

Reaction score
Watching some you tube videos of one guy went 3.5 miles on a stock phantom advanced how does he does that go far ? Is that possible ?I fly my advanced and get a loss off signal at 400 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Gpanek and WilliamM
Maybe because I was flying over boats ? So a stock advanced can go 3.5 miles with no interference ?

It's all about interference.

I assume you're flying in an urban area? And/or have your antennas set up wrong.

Your user manual will tell you how to adjust the antennas in relation to the elevation and distance of your bird.

28670dcb761b502389583e8a0c0c4c13.jpg

I think line of site has a lot to due with it,,,
I can get that range flying off the beach at 94' atti
I can also get that range flying up the beach with LOTs of wifi's between RC and P3P

A lot depends on your flying environment. Over open water or flat rural terrain with clear LOS to the aircraft you can get amazing range with a stock Phantom. Over congested cities or houses with lots of Wi-Fi interference or through trees...not so much.

3.91 mile run across the Bay Bridge & back with stock Phantom 3 Advanced - Never ran out of range but was sweating it on the battery. I had 20% battery remaining when she got back.

Watching some you tube videos of one guy went 3.5 miles on a stock phantom advanced how does he does that go far ? Is that possible ?I fly my advanced and get a loss off signal at 400 meters.

Had 4.5km each way and plenty left. Could probably have got over 5km.
Completely stock.

400m seems to be a low number. Check for interference on your Go app and pick the best channel.

Jesse James can at least 1 day pass without new topic from you ? :) Summ all your questions in one topic and open it, not open 2-3 topics a day, forum gets messy.

A lot depends on your flying environment. Over open water or flat rural terrain with clear LOS to the aircraft you can get amazing range with a stock Phantom. Over congested cities or houses with lots of Wi-Fi interference or through trees...not so much.

3.91 mile run across the Bay Bridge & back with stock Phantom 3 Advanced - Never ran out of range but was sweating it on the battery. I had 20% battery remaining when she got back.

I don't have the cahoney's to fly over water, let alone that far! Lol!

Reactions: ArZombie

Nice. use to cross that bridge often with the family when I was a kid going to chincoteague island.
Now for the important questions. How come no one came out with an app that will allow the P3 to tilt further and get more speed so these long runs can be cut in half?

An app? You could probably change it in the settings in DJIGO.
Nice. use to cross that bridge often with the family when I was a kid going to chincoteague island.
Now for the important questions. How come no one came out with an app that will allow the P3 to tilt further and get more speed so these long runs can be cut in half?

What happens when you hit max range? You lose your drone?
When the green battery bars end hits the yellow H you get a Low Power warning and a pop up that says Returning Home in 10 seconds. Unless you cancel it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl